Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

off road camera

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Hmmmm, dont know if it worth that. I will have a look and see, can you get an external mic for the GP3 to fit into your helmet if you want to Vlog?

I didn't know about external mics. My GP3 white has some sort of mic. Every now and then it picks up on my talking to myself or loud wind noise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

TBH, its a huge oversight if you cannot purchase an external mic for them. With my drift I bought an external drift mic and routed it into the helmet and it was grand and it was €20 from the drift website.

So all you can basically do is excellent video with crappy sound or mute it for no sound, coz on a motorbike at any speed above 20mph the wind noise is mental. Will have to look into this before I get the GP3-BE...as if I am touring around its nice to record a voice diary etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭thecivvie

I didn't know about external mics. My GP3 white has some sort of mic. Every now and then it picks up on my talking to myself or loud wind noise.

According to the specs it does:

Audio

Mono, 48kHz, AAC compression w/ AGC
    Supports optional 3.5mm stereo mic adapter **

€25 for it :eek:

Black and Silver only

Now to convince the wife to spend €449 on a camera :D

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Steve.N

Had the Go-pro 2 and just upgraded to the 3 black edition.
    Definately worth the extra money as the built in wi-fi and remote is amazing. The remote can be mounted on the handlebars and has the same options screen as the camera. It can be flicked between movie & camera mode easily and recordings can be started & stopped by the press of a button. The remote can also turn the camera on & off so saving you battery power for longer trips.
    Also getting the correct camera position without the extra LCD screen is much easier as the new Android & Apple smart phone apps fully control the camera and gives you a preview of what the camera is seeing.
    I bought mine in the US and got it for $400, the mounts are all buttons over there as well!

I use my camera on my bike and when kayaking but mainly bought it for using on my microlight - never had issues wit vibration and the quality is amazing.
    Sold my 2yr old Hero2 for €200 and had boys beating down my door for it.

Only issue is you need a good PC to edit the HD footage!

Go-Pros are unbeatable for value in my opinion!

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

bro is in the states. gonna have him check out prices there and see if he'll ship it over to me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Steve.N

kaimera wrote: »
    bro is in the states. gonna have him check out prices there and see if he'll ship it over to me.[/Quote

I got mine shipped to my mates in Washington who brought it over when he done the christmas visit home.
    Not sure if you'll get hammered wit customs if ur brother sends it over for ya.
    For once though it wasnt cheaper to buy in the Uk - same price as here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

thecivvie wrote: »
    According to the specs it does:

Audio

Mono, 48kHz, AAC compression w/ AGC
    Supports optional 3.5mm stereo mic adapter **

€25 for it :eek:

Black and Silver only

Now to convince the wife to spend €449 on a camera :D

That is total RIP OFF....€25 just for the adaptor ffs! Then you have to go a source a compatible small mic to fit a helmet.

At least with the drift the whole mic is €20 and plugs straight in with about a generous amount of cable too. :mad:

Advertisement