Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada 2013 IEC WHV visas

• 28-11-2012 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Anybody know when the 2013 IEC Visas are out? Failing that, when did the 2012 ones come out last year so I can get an indication?

Do you think it's a little unlikely that I'd be there by the end of january?

I'm ready to go for the past 2 months and it's driving me demented!
    Would appreciate any feedback!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Well kev not a hope u will be there by the end of jan:( iam in same boat ready to go it will take anyting up to 12 weks to get the visa usual wait 8-10 weeks. visas should be out in start to mid dec:D but the iec wont open till jan 1st i think so your talking earlyiest would be march i say we will be able to go:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

but you can go over on a holiday visa in January right? and then activate your working visa when it becomes available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

Wow really can you ? i would deffo do dat if its possiable:D

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

I think you'd have to re-enter the country to activate your IEC visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

the problem there is not being able to work for a couple of months! I need to start straight away, I really dont wait to be here in february, nevermind march!! cheers for the info

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Hi guys,

I have a few job interviews coming up in Dublin, and if they don't go well, I am thinking of applying for the IEC. I am 35, but won't be 36 until April 21.

From what I read, it's 35 inclusive as long as I am granted it before I am 36. I have not applied for police clearance or anything.

I lived in Italy from 1999-2001. Would I have to get a police form from Italy?
    Assuming I got the IEC visa, would I be too late applying to try and get it before April 21st?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

Quick question about the IEC:

I'm planning on applying for my visa in January and heading over to Toronto after I've finished my Masters in October 2013. Is it possible to put down my departure date for Autumn 2013 even if I apply early in the year? If the demand was as high as it was last year not a hope would I get it if I wait till after my degree, and I really don't want to wait around for another 6 months to get out of the country, between waiting for the applications to open again and getting everything processed...

Any help with this would be really appreciated! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭NoelAPM

seachto7 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I have a few job interviews coming up in Dublin, and if they don't go well, I am thinking of applying for the IEC. I am 35, but won't be 36 until April 21.

From what I read, it's 35 inclusive as long as I am granted it before I am 36. I have not applied for police clearance or anything.

Assuming I got the IEC visa, would I be too late applying to try and get it before April 21st?

I have a feeling it's in the last 6 years but I'm not certain since its a while ago I went through the process. Either way its stated very clearly in the guidelines on there website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Yeah, it says since you were 18, so I need to get one from Italy. In the process of the French one at the moment. No idea how long it would take to get the garda clearance here....?

After that, it's assuming I get it stamped and approved before April 21st!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 emec

Hi guys,

You need one from any country you have lived in for more than 6 months since you were 18. You might get the IEC before April 21st, depends how quick they are. Hopefully it will be better than last year, it was a mess then!
    giggii wrote: »
    Quick question about the IEC:

Is it possible to put down my departure date for Autumn 2013 even if I apply early in the year?

We put our departure date as October 2012, no problem with that at all. You have a year to activate your visa after it is issued.
    Yeah, it says since you were 18, so I need to get one from Italy. In the process of the French one at the moment. No idea how long it would take to get the garda clearance here....?

Irish Garda clearance can take from a week to a month depending on which station!

• Advertisement
Advertisement