Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

extending broadband to outside garage/office

• 28-11-2012 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

hi,

im not sure if this is the place to be or not but ill work away...

have broadband in the dwelling house..... have a modem and linksys wireless router....

want to get broadband into a garage/office between 20-30 metres from dwellling house.... clear line of sight between house and office..

will nanostations work? where should i go to buy them??

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you're running the garage off the house electrics then homeplugs would be a good bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

hi,

im not sure if this is the place to be or not but ill work away...

have broadband in the dwelling house..... have a modem and linksys wireless router....

want to get broadband into a garage/office between 20-30 metres from dwellling house.... clear line of sight between house and office..

will nanostations work? where should i go to buy them??

thanks
    Just run some Cat6 outdoor cable out to the garage? Homeplugs are great and all but you can't beat wired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Xcellor

long_b wrote: »
    Just run some Cat6 outdoor cable out to the garage? Homeplugs are great and all but you can't beat wired.

No but its a hell of a lot handier and if you are only doing email and voip it should be fine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Xcellor wrote: »
    No but its a hell of a lot handier and if you are only doing email and voip it should be fine!!

Depends on how your house is wired I suppose ... I use both and, am happy with both.

Advertisement