Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word Master Document Help

Options
  • 28-11-2012 9:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a number of sub-documents that compose a master document in a folder on my desktop in work. I transferred this folder to my laptop but when I open it I get "Error! Hyperlink reference not valid". I know its because the sub-document isn't in the original location but can anyone help me remedy this?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The hyperlinks are most likely pointing to documents located under a different username? ie: (C:\Documents and Settings\Work Username\My Documents)

Can you right click the hyperlinks and edit them to point to your username location?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement