Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best tattoo artist in Limerick/Cork for lettering?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

I'm hoping to get a word tattooed on my wrist over Xmas and will be in both Cork city and Limerick city during this time, I was wondering who would be the best artist in these places to get it done? I got my last tattoo, which was a Hybrid Theory design, by Damien in Living Art in Limerick, which I was very satisfied with. I was just wondering whether to go back to him again or is there other tattoo artists in the Limerick/Cork area who would be better at lettering then him?

Thanks for the replies in advance! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I'm hoping to get a word tattooed on my wrist over Xmas and will be in both Cork city and Limerick city during this time, I was wondering who would be the best artist in these places to get it done? I got my last tattoo, which was a Hybrid Theory design, by Damien in Living Art in Limerick, which I was very satisfied with. I was just wondering whether to go back to him again or is there other tattoo artists in the Limerick/Cork area who would be better at lettering then him?

Thanks for the replies in advance! :)

I think Steve in hard knox is pretty good at lettering actually, although I have never been tattooed by him, in Limerick I've been tattooed by Danny Bullman, Liam in Allstar and Uli in high on ink all great artists and I am very happy with the work you should check them out. Steve's pics on the hard knox facebook page of lettering seem pretty solid in fairness! Check it out. The majority of artists in Limerick have facebook pages to have a look at and decide. I don't have any lettering tattoos yet so maybe some one else will be able to advise you better!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I think Steve in hard knox is pretty good at lettering actually, although I have never been tattooed by him, in Limerick I've been tattooed by Danny Bullman, Liam in Allstar and Uli in high on ink all great artists and I am very happy with the work you should check them out. Steve's pics on the hard knox facebook page of lettering seem pretty solid in fairness! Check it out. The majority of artists in Limerick have facebook pages to have a look at and decide. I don't have any lettering tattoos yet so maybe some one else will be able to advise you better!

Danny is based in Vienna now and Liam no longer works in Allstar :p
    I dont know much about Hard Knox tbh but you wont go wrong with Ross & Paul in Allstar Ink or Uli in high on Ink in limerick! all of them are excellent artists!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Steve in Hard Knox does the best script in Limerick IMO but because its on a wrist its going to be small anyway so it wont make THAT much difference who you go to.

gregers85 wrote: »

Danny is based in Vienna now and Liam no longer works in Allstar :p
    I dont know much about Hard Knox tbh but you wont go wrong with Ross & Paul in Allstar Ink or Uli in high on Ink in limerick! all of them are excellent artists!!

Looks like I might be bad luck, uli should watch out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

You won't go wrong with Damien, I have had two done by him, one script and the other has very intricate detailing and both are perfect. I wouldn't go anywhere else now to be honest.

I had one done by Ross before too and it's not great, but it was almost ten years ago so I'm sure he's improved since then.

• Advertisement

Looks like I might be bad luck, uli should watch out!

Funny you should say that :eek:

I had one done by Ross before too and it's not great, but it was almost ten years ago so I'm sure he's improved since then.

Ross only started tattooing in 1999 so ten yrs ago would still have been fairly new to his trade! his stuff now is awesome! wanna the top guys in the country (IMO) for old school/ traditional style :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 stephanied83

gregers85 wrote: »
    Ross only started tattooing in 1999 so ten yrs ago would still have been fairly new to his trade! his stuff now is awesome! wanna the top guys in the country (IMO) for old school/ traditional style :)

Yeah like I said he's probably improved since then. Although he seems to have a thing for rosary beads from what I've seen :confused:

Melion wrote: »

Funny you should say that :eek:

I really hope you are joking....please tell me your joking? Haha

I really hope you are joking....please tell me your joking? Haha

I agree! have plans for a big piece from Uli next yr!!!!!

• Advertisement

Something i heard today unfortunately, dont take it as gospel though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

Say it isn't so :( he's my go to guy.

Something i heard today unfortunately, dont take it as gospel though.

Dont leave us hanging with a statement like that? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Q_ueeny

I have a friends name on my wrist that Paul done in Bullmans on Thomas Street in Limerick , cant recommend him enough! I put up a pic in the 'show us yours' thread if you want to have a look.

Was exactly what I was looking for , just went in with the idea and he comes up thrumps every time! I have two tattoos by him but have friends that have loads , also a look at his facebook and Instagram show his great work :D

Highy recommend him!

Dont leave us hanging with a statement like that? :D

Its not my place to say because it could just be a rumour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I'd be a big proponent of the guys in living art...got all mine done by buddy and damien is a class artist aswel...serious setup aswel

Depp wrote: »
    I'd be a big proponent of the guys in living art...got all mine done by buddy and damien is a class artist aswel...serious setup aswel

Personal opinion but besides Foxes Bowe, they would be the last place id go to in Limerick for work.

Personal opinion but besides Foxes Bowe, they would be the last place id go to in Limerick for work.

Same here to be honest. All though I dont exactly like the atmosphere Ive experienced in Bullmans but thats nothing got to do with the quality of the artwork!

Same here to be honest. All though I dont exactly like the atmosphere Ive experienced in Bullmans but thats nothing got to do with the quality of the artwork!

Ive seen that said on here before but its nothing ive ever encountered in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I didn't see anyone mentioning a Cork tattoo studio.

99% of the work I've seen in Cork I didn't like. Though I live here, I'd never get tattoo'd here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Got it done by Damien :) Delighted with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

cant go wrong with living art

Advertisement