Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lumia 800 or Galaxy Ace

Options
  • 28-11-2012 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭

Narrowed it down to these two phones within my budget.

Which one peeps?

Advice appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Lumia 800 is the better phone by far, very good value for the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Ace, Ace Plus or Ace II.

The 800 is better then the Ace and Ace Plus. By a long way. But the Ace II I'd be 50:50.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

But the Ace II is more expensive AFAIK

And the other Aces are cheaper?

It depends if your happy with the features of Wp7 or want the different features of the Ace II.

Its not a direct comparison. Anyway theres more than one Ace, so the original question is unclear as which he meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

• Advertisement

In that case the answer is simply yes the 800 is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Lumia 800, the screen alone is miles better on the Lumia, plus the rest...

Here's a comparison:

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=3724&idPhone2=4240

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

I had the galaxy ace about 6months ago and its an awfull phone. Very slow and unresponsive, serious lack of power. The facebook app alone used to make the phone freeze. One day it took about 7/8 seconds for the phone to open a picture and another 7/8 secs to scroll to the next pic and i decided enough was enough and got rid of it.
    Been looking at the lumia for my wife and it looks good value and the spec is better than phones €50/60 more. Not sure if i want to buy a non android phone tho so undecided.

Advertisement