Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can only sometimes log into boards ?

Options
  • 28-11-2012 10:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭

I can only sometimes log in ? most of the time i get the message "error could not log you into your account" -- it's not a wrong password error.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

This error message means that your form validation token does not validate when it is submitted. One possible cause of this would be your IP address changing between you accessing the login form and submitting it. Is it possible that this is happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Would logging in via a proxy do that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Not unless you load the login page, swap to a proxy and then attempt to log in. There was a bug fixed earlier today that may be related - when a user entered the wrong password for a login then the second attempt would always fail, even if the password was right second time around.

Can you let us know if it's still happening?

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

So far , so good ... looks to be fixed...Thanks all ..

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement