Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5th Year English

• 28-11-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭

Hi I was wondering if anyone has any ideas to help me with english. I have very good spelling and vocabulary and I usually understand the poems and the meanings behind them as well as the features metaphors, imagery etc. The problem I have is I tend to ramble a bit and overstate some things and understate others, I like to take perspectives on poetry but my english teacher understands me in class but not when I write the essay. I just want some advice as I'm wondering will this stop me from getting a good/high grade in english. I don't like to read books even though she has asked us to start but I just find books boring and I find fiction completely pointless any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

The only way to improve with English is with practice, practice, and more practice. It'll come easier to you once you've a few poetry questions done, and understand where you're going wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Conor94

The problem I have is I tend to ramble a bit and overstate some things and understate others

Make sure to pause every now and check that you're answering what the question is actually asking.

Advertisement