Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hoegarrden-ish clone

Options
  • 28-11-2012 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I Finaly got around to doing recipe

1 can Muntons wheat kit 1.8kg
    1.5kg Dry Wheat Spray Malt
    200g dextrose
    15g Coriander seed (Lightly Crushed)
    15g Bitter Orange Peel (Curacoa peel)
    1 Pkt of Brewferm blanch Yeast

put coriander crushed with peel in boil with hallertau perle hops 20g ,then all into fermenter

I got an gravity reading of 1058 before yeast , my last one finished 1008 after primary 10days and 5 days in secondary carboy,
    if i get similar result i make it about 6.5 abv which is all good.
    It makes a nice refreshing drink:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Looks nice tteknulp, I an leaning more towards safale T-58 as it give a bit more of the phenolic than Brewferm blanch.

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭tteknulp

[Quote=oblivious;

I asked the question on another forum

I had following packs of yeast
    T-33 ,T-58 ,and brew blanch

They all said brew blanch of 4 replies as some stated the T–58 could mask out the orange & corriander as t-58 has peppery notes of its own , so went with brew blanche time will tell i guess ,best drank young as flavour fades with time, its a lovely sup : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

is there something about chamomile being the secret ingredient in hoegarden..

Armelodie wrote: »
    is there something about chamomile being the secret ingredient in hoegarden..

Its a common addition to wit recipes, but i believe no. grains of paradise are thought to be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

oblivious wrote: »

Its a common addition to wit recipes, but i believe no. grains of paradise are thought to be

ya wha!?

• Advertisement

Armelodie wrote: »
    ya wha!?

Grains of paradise are a type of pepper from east Africa, they have been imported into Europe since the middle ages, but hard to get hold

Good to know ,must keep an eye our 4 them

I opened a few bottles the other night and its really nice ,
    maybe a little less coriander next time as a little over-powering .
    bit more orange next time might fix it .

[URL="[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92518380@N07/8409386612/][img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8471/8409386612_b07efd421a.jpg[/img][/url] [url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/92518380@N07/8409386612/]20121012_191208[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/92518380@N07/]tteknulp[/url], on Flickr"][/url]8409386612_b07efd421a.jpg 20121012_191208 by tteknulp, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

tteknulp wrote: »
    I opened a few bottles the other night and its really nice , maybe a little less coriander next time as a little over-powering .bit more orange might fix it .

Yeah, coriander is quite dominating!!!!

Quick update : i had 3 bottles last night ,it is really nice now , gonna put another batch on for the summer as its very refreshing

• Advertisement

tteknulp wrote: »
    Quick update : i had 3 bottles last night ,it is really nice now , gonna put another batch on for the summer as its very refreshing

Plenty of time to get a few brews done before summer ;)

Plenty of time to get a few brews done before summer ;)

Yea your right , this ones chalked in , & a muntons continental pils , midas touch 2 empty F.V°s at moment

Advertisement