Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business- Timing Problem (HL)

• 28-11-2012 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering does anyone else have this problem? I find the timing particularly challenging. Recently we had our Christmas test with a similar time limit as the Leaving cert and although I knew 80%+ of the paper I lost marks due to running out of time, as did a number of students. I am aiming for an "A" in June so I really need to sort this out.

It's a problem I've been having with most of our tests in business through the years. I end up writing too much information. I find it frustrating that there is a time constraint at all, as I feel it would be better if the exam tested your knowledge on the subject and not your ability to write fast while limiting your answer.

I'm aware of the state, explain and give an example (where necessary) routine but I'm just wondering if anyone can give any other advice on how not to run out of time. :)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭little sis...

I'd say look at the marks going for it. My teacher says if you divide the amount of marks by 2.5, thats the amount of time you should be spending e.g. for a 20 mark question its 8 mins then just do what you said; state, explain/advantage and an example for every 5 marks. Thats what I've been doing in tests and I usually get the 20 marks Q done in about 9/10 mins but thats just cause I write way too much sometimes. Avoid waffling also, just give necessary key words in the points you make.

Hope that helps :)

Advertisement