Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science in UCC

Options
  • 28-11-2012 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

I'm considering going back to college to do comp science next year. Just wondering what peoples impressions of the course are?

Whats the workload like? Are the continuos assignments during the year manageable?

Just a big decision so would appreciate some advice, thanks :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I suppose it depends on how interested you are in computer science :D. I hoovered up the material so it wasn't too bad for me but I had friends that weren't as interested and they struggled. The only consolation is that it is a good degree to have for finding a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WLad

Great, thanks!

I'm very interested in it. Do you mind me asking when you graduated? Have most of your class found employment then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I graduated in 2007. I don't know of anyone not working. Nearly everyone went into an IT role of some sort, a lot of us (including myself) had jobs lined up before we graduated. I'm not sure if the job situation is any different now, according to the papers there's loads of jobs around...

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

There's loads of threads on this, do a search a the top of the forum.

Advertisement