Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheese board

Options
  • 28-11-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So I have a few friends coming over soon and I'll like to get a cheese board. I've been to Arnotts, Debenhams and Dunnes stores and the ones available are either too small or too expensive.
    I have seen a few on amazon but I'll prefer to get one in the shops.

Has anyone come across any recently?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Are you just looking for the physical board? Just buy a wooden chopping board in a supermarket/HomeStore & More.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I got a lovely chopping board in Tesco for €8 a while ago. It's a good size and perfect for a selection of cheeses with room for grapes or whatever you're serving with it, and a couple of knives for people to cut with. There's nothing worse than a load of cheese on a tiny board.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

@Dizzyblonde - that's the cheapest I've heard, which Tesco? And exactly what I have in mind, want one that'd feed 9 people (cheese, grapes and nuts)

@Honey-ec - it's easier said than done! I've been to Dunnes, Arnotts, TK Maxx, Marks and Spencer, random homewares stores on Grafton st and I can't find anything reasonable. They are either too expensive or too small

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

MIN2511 wrote: »
    @Dizzyblonde - that's the cheapest I've heard, which Tesco? And exactly what I have in mind, want one that'd feed 9 people (cheese, grapes and nuts)
    I got it in Clare Hall a good few months ago. I can't find it on the Irish website but here's a link to the UK one: http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-large-wood-chopping-board/212-3788.prd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭nompere

I got it in Clare Hall a good few months ago. I can't find it on the Irish website but here's a link to the UK one: http://www.tesco.com/direct/tesco-large-wood-chopping-board/212-3788.prd

I got a set of three of those in Clare Hall some years ago - small, medium and large. After repeated trips through my dishwasher they're all still in great condition. Best €15 or so that i've spent in a long time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement