Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on diet

• 29-11-2012 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Was looking for a bit of advice on my diet. Basically I'm 21, 5"11 male, usual weight 13st 7lbs - 14st. Down around 13 now as I've been out of gym for a while due to injury so lost a bit of power but I'd say my optimum weight is just below 14 stone.

I gym about 5 days a week doing intense weight training and like to run about 3 days a week and swim on 2 mornings a week, so overall I'd do cardio about 5 days too.

I'm out of action now though for about 4 weeks but hoping to get back properly in the next week or two.

Basically I'm looking to lose a few % bodyfat, it's around the 15 at the moment, while maintaining my muscle mass. I eat regularly enough to keep up my mass

So any advice welcome. As it stands this is roughly it. I'm not really educated in the area so not sure if doing it right

Breakfast- Porridge, scrambled eggs, 2 slices brown toast

Mid- morning- Fruit (Apples, raisins for energy)

Lunch- Brown-bread and smoked salmon/ham

Afternoon- Gym.

After Gym (Dinner)- Chicken, veg

Evening- Salmon

Anything in particular need to cut out/add. Not really wide to this calorie craic if I'm honest :P

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

cgpg5 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

Was looking for a bit of advice on my diet. Basically I'm 21, 5"11 male, usual weight 13st 7lbs - 14st. Down around 13 now as I've been out of gym for a while due to injury so lost a bit of power but I'd say my optimum weight is just below 14 stone.

I gym about 5 days a week doing intense weight training and like to run about 3 days a week and swim on 2 mornings a week, so overall I'd do cardio about 5 days too.

I'm out of action now though for about 4 weeks but hoping to get back properly in the next week or two.

Basically I'm looking to lose a few % bodyfat, it's around the 15 at the moment, while maintaining my muscle mass. I eat regularly enough to keep up my mass

So any advice welcome. As it stands this is roughly it. I'm not really educated in the area so not sure if doing it right

Breakfast- Porridge, scrambled eggs, 2 slices brown toast

Mid- morning- Fruit (Apples, raisins for energy)

Lunch- Brown-bread and smoked salmon/ham

Afternoon- Gym.

After Gym (Dinner)- Chicken, veg

Evening- Salmon

Anything in particular need to cut out/add. Not really wide to this calorie craic if I'm honest :P

To cut body fat you have to eat a calorie deficit. Only way to do this is count your calories. Use myfitnesspal or something similar for it.

Your diet seems pretty good protein wise but you seem to lack a lot of any sort of fats.

How many eggs are in your scrambled eggs? Whole or egg whites?

How much porridge? With milk (full fat/low fat) or water? How much chicken/salmon/veg?

Do you know how many calories you eat now?

Throw your typical diet into a calorie counter online and see what figures you get.

Advertisement