Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The elephant in the room thread.

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Yeah, must have been that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭quattro777

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

Ah FFS, there I go and pay my 800€ plus on 6 months of tax on my 3.0 1993 Mercedes jeep and these fughs going around taking the utter piddle out of the system as in you and me. Totally unfair and unregulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

quattro777 wrote: »
    That ad would suck an unsupecting buyer in to be honest.

Seller denies knowledge and says he bought it from a dealer in wexford 2 years ago and that the logbook says 1978. A lot of the details on the bodywork suggest otherwise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Seller denies knowledge and says he bought it from a dealer in wexford 2 years ago and that the logbook says 1978. A lot of the details on the bodywork suggest otherwise

Looks to me like it has the post '81 bumpers.

Gravelly wrote: »
    Looks to me like it has the post '81 bumpers.

Federalised bumpers. A few details like the cruise control light and the wheels suggest it's a late 80s car.

Well what do you know. I've heard back from the guy with the jag. It seems that the DoT messed up the import documents when a previous owner imported the car and it seems they put 1978 down instead of 1987.

Jag Heritage confirmed it's pedigree using chassis numbers and engine numbers and have issued supporting documentation.

In this case a genuine mistake not of the current owners making who really appreciated it being highlighted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Well what do you know. I've heard back from the guy with the jag. It seems that the DoT messed up the import documents when a previous owner imported the car and it seems they put 1978 down instead of 1987.

Jag Heritage confirmed it's pedigree using chassis numbers and engine numbers and have issued supporting documentation.

In this case a genuine mistake not of the current owners making who really appreciated it being highlighted.

Wonder will he be contacting the DoT to 'rectify the situation'? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭mattroche

I wonder what the Insurance Co. would say in the event of an Accident? Would it be a opt out for them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭Isambard

mattroche wrote: »
    I wonder what the Insurance Co. would say in the event of an Accident? Would it be a opt out for them?

basically yes, if it's not the vehicle it claims to be , any insurance would apply to the vehicle the id came from, not the cloned one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Would it then fall into the " uninsured vehicle" on the road classification,

and as such then be insured as per your , mine, and everybody elses government levy that we

are forced to pay to the uninsured drivers fund??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

I see the add for the Jag is gone. Poor seller must have got a right fright

kadman wrote: »
    Would it then fall into the " uninsured vehicle" on the road classification,

and as such then be insured as per your , mine, and everybody elses government levy that we

are forced to pay to the uninsured drivers fund??

maybe so but it would be an illegal vehicle to drive and it would be only third party cover no doubt, not much good to an owner of an expensive classic.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Isambard wrote: »
    maybe so but it would be an illegal vehicle to drive and it would be only third party cover no doubt, not much good to an owner of an expensive classic.

True enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Kamili wrote: »
    I see the add for the Jag is gone. Poor seller must have got a right fright

Its baaaccck! :D

Now its a '1987'?!
    ...original ad ('1978') must have been a typo?!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

Silvera wrote: »
    Its baaaccck! :D

Now its a '1987'?!
    ...original ad ('1978') must have been a typo?!:rolleyes:

I really think you need to read back through the last few posts. Carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

It must have been a concept model used by Mercedes while the car was in development.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭tuborg_man

Nice 1986 amg here
    [img][/img]https://flic.kr/p/26Q4kNv[img/]

• Advertisement

ho hum..

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fivesixtwo

Hope this can be reunited with its owner

https://m.facebook.com/groups/342377522550334?view=permalink&id=2444745638980168

70s tax book and number plates. But an 81 onwards car ???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

fivesixtwo wrote: »
    Hope this can be reunited with its owner

https://m.facebook.com/groups/342377522550334?view=permalink&id=2444745638980168

70s tax book and number plates. But an 81 onwards car ???

Link gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭fivesixtwo

Advertisement