Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi from Heuston Train Station to Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Get the Airlink bus, A taxi will cost a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭The Scientician

If you really feel the need to get a cab ask the driver before you get in and see what they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I've got a taxi from the airport into Houston a few times....I think it was about 18-20 quid.....definetly no more then 20 though at any stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Alan70

Circa E20 depending on time travelling and variables such as traffic, roadworks etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Most taxis will do a set price to the airport from the train stations.

If you are getting the airport bus from Hueston be warned that depending on time of day you can spend half an hour winding through Dublin city-centre traffic before heading for the airport.

If it's a busy time of day it can be quicker to get the LUAS to Connolly and jump on the airport bus there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

747 from Heuston Station to Airport every 15 mins, €6 fare

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

I also have the same journey to make tomorrow, im arriving at heuston at 8:45 so where does the 747 go from? is it a normal dublin bus or one of those blue and yellow coaches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

dave 27 wrote: »
    I also have the same journey to make tomorrow, im arriving at heuston at 8:45 so where does the 747 go from? is it a normal dublin bus or one of those blue and yellow coaches?

It goes from right outside the front doors of the station. Bear in mind my post above - if you're in a rush you might be quicker getting the LUAS to Connolly and getting the bus from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭dave 27

It goes from right outside the front doors of the station. Bear in mind my post above - if you're in a rush you might be quicker getting the LUAS to Connolly and getting the bus from there.

Id have over an hour to get there so wont be in a rush..just need to identify correctly the bus..im guessing im to look out for this..

DublinAirportAirlink.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

vector wrote: »
    So there is actually a website to back up some of these scheisters.:eek:
    One of them fleeced my ma recently, she went from heuston to airport for 20, return journey cost her 40. She was too riled to remember to take his number.
    Watch out for this con if they take you near M50. total rip off,
    Ordinary decent taxi drivers wouldnt do this. Watch out for those that dont display their ID card or try to make it awkward to see their photo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

dave 27 wrote: »
    Id have over an hour to get there so wont be in a rush..just need to identify correctly the bus..im guessing im to look out for this..

DublinAirportAirlink.JPG

When you walk out the main doors of Heuston there is a bus and lusas stop right in front of you. Yes that's what they look like but just check the numbers on the bues that stop, just in case they use one of the regular colour ones. You want the 747

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

If you can get to the Rank on College Green, they will do an Airport run with up to 4 passengers for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,428 ✭✭✭✭Victor

For the cheapest fare, ask to go via Whitehall Garda Station (actually closed). :D

On the meter:
    Hire including first km €4.10 = €4.10
    Next 12.2km @ €1.03 per km = €12.57
    Total €16.67 + time stuck in traffic, extra passengers, unsociable hours, etc.
    wil wrote: »
    One of them fleeced my ma recently, she went from heuston to airport for 20, return journey cost her 40. She was too riled to remember to take his number.
    Watch out for this con if they take you near M50.
    Going via the M50 can be quicker, but will never be cheaper.
    kceire wrote: »
    If you can get to the Rank on College Green, they will do an Airport run with up to 4 passengers for €20.
    Assuming no traffic, that trip should only cost about €15 for one person. Passengers should insist that it is on the meter.

On the meter:
    Next 10km @ €1.03 per km = €10.30
    Total €14.40 + time stuck in traffic, extra passengers, unsociable hours, etc.

Victor wrote: »
    Assuming no traffic, that trip should only cost about €15 for one person. Passengers should insist that it is on the meter.

On the meter:
    Next 10km @ €1.03 per km = €10.30
    Total €14.40 + time stuck in traffic, extra passengers, unsociable hours, etc.

No way that is ever gona happen though. I got a taxi home last weekend at 1.30am from O' Connell Bridge to Charlestown, Finglas, little traffic etc etc considering the time of day and it was €18.

No way you will ever get to the airport from the city centre in a taxi for under €20 in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,428 ✭✭✭✭Victor

kceire wrote: »
    1.30am
    Different rates are charged at night time.

Victor wrote: »
    Different rates are charged at night time.

Forgot all about that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I have got taxis from my apartment in Islandbridge (about 1.5km beyond Heuston) to the airport fairly regularly over the past three months. Average price for the last few trips would be €24. Most expensive was €28 but that was in heavy-ish traffic.

Advertisement