Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Explosion

Options
  • 29-11-2012 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Did anyone hear a big massive explosion earlier this night.... I was outside having a fag and there was the loudest bang and ripple in the air...it wasn't a firework it sounded like a bomb...within minutes I had neighbours out wondering what it was....in Newcastle area btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Didn't notice anything in Shantalla

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Probably my sister cooking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Sorry that was me.

(We had Indian food)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Sometimes the quarries use explosives. When I lived in Tirellan Heights we'd often hear them (and sometimes get a dust cloud passing over as a result, it was fairly close).

I'd say if the wind is right you could hear them as far as Newcastle, it's only a mile or so. But I'd be surprised if they did it at night.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,225 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Maybe something in college building site....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

It could well be fireworks.I've heard none for a few weeks but i've heard a few in the Ballybane area this evening.I think their starting the buildup for new years eve now.

Advertisement