Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small cargo from US to Ire

Options
  • 29-11-2012 5:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I'm wondering has anyone sent a small amount of cargo (ie in this case a suitcase of approx 20kg) via cargo from the US to Ireland?. I've tried Aer Lingus cargo and 1 or 2 other places but they only do big commercial cargo and won't touch anything this small, and instead told me to check with DHL/UPS. When I use the quotation system on the DHL website its coming to over $400.

Anyway.. any leads as to who does this for a reasonable price would be great. I'm in NYC at the moment, and I'm trying to get this stuff shipped back to Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

USPS will be way cheaper, around $120-200 depending on exact dimensions and weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

I had a small move recently and just got quotes from moving companies - they will do small amounts (based on weight) as well as large containers. Takes about 2 months though - USPS will deliver in 7-10 days and is probably the easiest option if you only have the one package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Get a quote from excessbaggage.com too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

USPS is the best option......it will be the higher price range because of the dimensions of what you're sending. But the previous poster is correct, it'll be somewhere in the $120-$200 range.

Whenever we wanted to transport stuff, unless it was urgent, we put it aside and just paid for an extra bag when we came back to visit......it's the most cost effective way (if you're planning on visiting at some point)

Advertisement