Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIRST TIME BUYERS

Options
  • 29-11-2012 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

icon7.pngFIRST TIME BUYERS MORTGAGE (Well Hopefully)
    Hi There

Im gradually coming to my wits end and would appreciate any advice or tips on the obtaining a mortgage.

Myself and my husband have been renting a house for the past 3 and a half years at 800 euro a month. We are looking to purchase our own first home. Im a receptionist in a perm position for the last 6 years and earn €28500 per annum. My husband WAS an electrician but now works in a permanent position since July as a general operative. He earns €30200 per annum plus LOTS overtime.We dont have any kids/loans/credit card debt. We are looking at houses in the region of €185000 (asking price). We have savings of €22000 and my parents have kindly offered us a gift of €60000. my husband has credit union savings of €2500. We are only looking for a mortgage of approx €100k. The thing is that i took a loan from AIB in 2007 of €8k. In my absolute stupidity i missed a few payments (roughly 5 or 6) but did manage to get the loan paid off in just over 3 years. Im kicking myself ever since. I know I can check my credit score with ICB but id rather not know and just let the banks find out for themselves.

Is this something that will effect our chances of getting a mortgage considering that we have managed to pay rent comfortably over the past 3 and a half years, our savings, my parents gift, both perm jobs, my husbands good credit rating, and the small mortgage we are looking for? Im worried that because of my stupidity in the past i have jepordised BOTH our chances of owning our own home. Im hoping that the banks are view mortgage apps on a case by case basis and looking at ALL the factors.

Also, does anyone know of another route we can go down if we do get turned down by the banks?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi TORYTOP30,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Bank of Ireland assesses each mortgage application on a case by case basis. We would recommend speaking to a Mortgage Advisor in your local branch. Contact details for your local branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement