Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accessing the IRC chat on amalgamation messengers

Options
  • 29-11-2012 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

In case you didn't hear Microsoft is retiring MSN in March of 2013 and are moving everyone over to Skype.

So if you use MSN, this is a good time to look into collating all your contacts together into one amalgamation messenger.

A lot of these also give the option to incorporate IRC chat.

I've been fiddling around with Trillian and I've been having decent success with everything except IRC. I've never really used it and don't know the specific details of the Irish fighting games room (I've always just used the webclient)

The "Account settings" page on Trillian for IRC looks like this:

TrillianIRC.png

Can anyone tell me what details I need to fill to get this working?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

Hostname: irc.quakenet.org
    Port: 6667

User ID: What ever you want to be indetified as to the server (Not your nick but can be the same)

That should be all you need!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

PPC wrote: »
    Hostname: irc.quakenet.org
    Port: 6667

Ah thanks, I was trying to connect to quakenet.se for some reason

Also had to add #irishfightinggames to a roomname somewhere

/irc noob

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

For anyone else looking to set this up, it was pretty painless; thanks again to PPC

Last thing I needed to do was just set it up that Trillian autojoined the room when the IRC account was logged in.

You do that by going

Manage Accounts > Accounts > IRC > Miscellaneous

and then

Auto-join.png

Advertisement