Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Real Christmas Trees

Options
  • 29-11-2012 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone when Coillte will be selling their Christmas Trees in Knocknacarra. Would really love to get tree up this weekend. cheers in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Not sure but keep an eye on their twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/coilltenews

It'll probably say in today's Advertiser too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

There are hundreds in Dangan Nursery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I gave up on Coillte last year. Poor service, poorly organised. Their freebies are good though -- several of their birch 'whips' are now flourishing in my garden.

Dangan Nurseries is a lot better, I've found. Nicer trees, though pricier. And no freebies, afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Was at Knocknacarra Vets today and the signs for Coillte trees are up. So I suppose they are either selling already or will start this weekend. However I'd have to agree with Iwannahurl, the quality of their trees hasn't been great for the last two years or so, especially for the price they are charging.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shinnyjosiedan

Was at Knocknacarra Vets today and the signs for Coillte trees are up. So I suppose they are either selling already or will start this weekend. However I'd have to agree with Iwannahurl, the quality of their trees hasn't been great for the last two years or so, especially for the price they are charging.

Thanks everyone. Will try Dangan this year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What's the price range in Dangan?

I'm thinking I'd like to try a real tree this year now that the little guy takes instruction and it being the first year where he gets the concept of Santy. Are the stands expensive? The ones with the water trough to stop the needles shedding.

Think I paid 60 last year for the tree. Don't have one of the water stands but defo getting one this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

As a tip, put a teaspoon of sugar in the water if you use a water stand. It'll keep the tree fresh longer. Add more water/ a little sugar when needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

We got our tree stand from Lidl a couple of years ago, but they have them every year. It's great. It does have a pedal to tighten the fixing mechanism and a water reservoir. I think it was around €15.-

Got a fab tree in Dangan today. 7ft 60 euro. Lovely lads up there. Just letting it dry before decorating. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

• Advertisement

Got a fab tree in Dangan today. 7ft 60 euro. Lovely lads up there. Just letting it dry before decorating. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!!!

Same!

Got a stand up there too. It's looking fab now even without the decorations on it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

I was in Woodies and they were charging 46.99 for a 6 foot tree. Insanely expensive. Wouldn't want to pay over €35 for a tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Ger8

What time is knocknacarra open till.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Anyone know what time they are open until in Dangan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

mika27 wrote: »
    Anyone know what time they are open until in Dangan?
    6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 14 MelissaaJ

Coillte in kilcolgan have fab Xmas trees

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

B&Q have good value tress. You can get a large ( in reality barely 6 foot but big enough for most sitting rooms) for 28.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Thought this would be done already but my search only brought up pervious years! Where will I get a real reasonably priced tree? Guy who's usually on bridge street not in sight and yes flowers are too steèp for me- although lovely!! Sorry if I put this in wrong place :)

ArtyC wrote: »
    Thought this would be done already but my search only brought up pervious years! Where will I get a real reasonably priced tree? Guy who's usually on bridge street not in sight and yes flowers are too steèp for me- although lovely!! Sorry if I put this in wrong place :)

There are some outside the Bon-Bon in Salthill. I can't imagine they'd be too expensive. Heard Woodie's had inexpensive real trees too.

My Mam got a 6ft one in McGaugh's on the headford road for 35

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement