Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online petition for more Garda for Kildare

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Very few signatures so far :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Kidding your self, one time local TD rants wont get anything done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

There's enough of them already.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Karlitto

Signed,

The amount of break in's and attempted break in's within the last month is ridicioulus, nevermind any of the other crimes that are happening...

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

Signed it, at least she's trying?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Online petitions aren't worth the paper they are printed on !

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭STForSale

prospect wrote: »
    Online petitions aren't worth the paper they are printed on !
    Trolling is a waste of bandwidth.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Back seat modding is not permitted..

Report posts, don't reply on thread

(although they have a point..)

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Back seat modding is not permitted..

Report posts, don't reply on thread

(although they have a point..)

Sorry, I don't understand, what do you mean?

There's enough of them already.

Are you serious? Really.... serious?

Ok, so, lets take the leixlip, celbridge and maynooth garda stations.

During the night time and the weekends, there is only ONE SINGLE patrol car available and it is from the Leixlip branch as it is the "largest" garda station out of the three of them.

While the garda car out, there is one garda present in the leixlip and maynooth stations. Celbridge uses leixlip as a fall back, meaning, as they are very short on staff there, when they go home for the night, if you call for the gaurds via 999 or call the station directly, you will be put straight through to leixlip.

Thats pathetic, especially with the huge increase in break ins and attempted breakins over the past 4 months.

Furthermore, the staff in the leixlip station are ignorant as you can get! I called up many times as when walking my dog in the grounds of castletown house there have been multiple occasions of kids driving dirtbikes on the grounds, this is during daytime in plain view. Several times on each occasion they have either nearly hit me or my dog, so I called the gaurds.

My walk usually takes about two hours, do you think the gaurds sent anyone? No...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 170 ✭✭Oh hai

Yeah the couple of times we called Maynooth we were transferred to Leixlip Garda station they were very rude and not at all helpful. The Maynooth station were a lot nicer and had a car up in no time but maybe we were just lucky.

Anyway I'm not here to bash the gardai, I agree that at least she is trying to do something so more power to her!

Indeed,

Bashing the gardi is for another topic, but at least we can try and give them a chance to do a job without being overwhelmed....sign up people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Karlitto wrote: »
    Signed,

The amount of break in's and attempted break in's within the last month is ridicioulus, nevermind any of the other crimes that are happening...

Sure they have more inportant things to be doing like raiding grow houses..

charlemont wrote: »
    Sure they have more inportant things to be doing like raiding grow houses..

Thats true.... stop people having a good time as opposed to stopping people getting hurt.

Advertisement