Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to cook smoked ham fillet

Options
  • 29-11-2012 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

I bought a smoked ham fillet in Supervalu yesterday, the cooking instructions say to bring water to boil and simmer for 30 mins por off return to boil and cook for 20 mins per pound.
    I wanted to simmer for the 30 mins then bake with a honey mustard glaze, would i bake for 20 mins per pound and what temperature would i bake in fan oven?
    Thanks
    Janjaa

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Put in a pot of cold water, bring to a boil and then discard the water straight away.

Cover with fresh cold water and bring back to the boil and simmer for 20 mins per lb and 20 minutes over (45ograms-ish). So if it's a 3lb piece of meat, 80 minutes in total.

Lift it out, pat it dry and remove the wet outside layer of fat, leaving a thin later on the meat, score the fat thats left, add your glaze and bang it in a pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes at 200c.

Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭janja

Thanks Seanah

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

eh, not ah :P

I aint no girl!

Advertisement