Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

clonsilla inn closing on new years eve

Options
  • 29-11-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Unconfirmed reports that the clonsilla inn is closing on 31st December, bad news for the area if true.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

wowzer wrote: »
    Unconfirmed reports that the clonsilla inn is closing on 31st December, bad news for the area if true.

There were rumors that the Bell and Clonsilla were both closing due to deals with Aldi or possibly Lidl, but the rumor has being doing the rounds for months and strongly denied.

I'd advise you go straight to the horse and find out, as rumors can be bad for business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

not my favourite pub, but far from my least favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I was just talking to one of the barmen from the inn and he said he knows nothing about either of them closing. It would be a pain in the arse if they did close. Serious lack of decent pubs in Blanchardstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭wowzer

Ha that's exactly why I said unconfirmed reports to see if anybody else could confirm or deny.
    Best night in the pub for me was 25th may 2005 amazing atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Just turn everything into a Lidl, Aldi or Starbucks are we'll be fine! I'd neerly prefer the sites were levelled and grassed than turned into another supermarket-in-a-box , there's already more than enough of them in D15

It would be a pity to see those pubs go, just another step in community isolation and alienation. I know pubs are dying generally but have people found them very quiet?

• Advertisement

Compared to years ago yes it would be quiet, used to get decent crowds in for whatever mid week games were being shown, not so much anymore. Friday and Saturday nights would still be fairly busy but I guess the fall off in mid week trade is killing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

i was out for pints in the carpenter last night for the football, and it was pretty dead in there.

the bell always seems to have a good few around it when im in there though.

The Bell is busy at almost all times at it has a number of areas well thought out and also a stroke of luck mixed in.

location - The Bell is in a prime area at the start of Blanchardstown village, intersecting the road to Castleknock and has plenty of parking so it's convenient.

Function room - There is always an 18th, 21st, 50th,, Christening etc each Friday to Sunday give or take.

Bar - The location for the oulads and a few oulones, they prefer to be here and they get a regular crowd there.

Lounge - The melting pot, for the regulars and casual visitors. They have a DJ, a band, a charity night etc.

Restaurant - They do carvery and lunches, as well as meals on order through out the day and evening.

The Beer garden - maybe not for everyone, but on a summers day it is in my opinion, the best beer garden in D15 and has a good mixed crowd and some great craic.

All in all, they don't rely on a weekend crowd, or the young crowd, or the old crowd, or the casual crowd, or the party crowd, or the local workers for lunch - you get where I'm going here.

The Bell caters for all and covers almost every requirement to get a regular custom.

With that in mind, only a fool would sell up to a supermarket. The Bell is the best all round pub in D15 I reckon and is located centrally and appeals to all, perhaps by complete fluke.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭jobseeker999

That is sad sad news if true, I for one would be gutted, only frequent maybe twice a month but feel it's really part of the community. I stopped drinking in the Bell about 5 years back, started to get feel a bit on the rough side at times, this may well not be the case any more of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Falconno4

I find it hard to believe they are closing, what with their Twitter account now adverising their venue for parties etc for 2013.

• Advertisement

Falconno4 wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe they are closing, what with their Twitter account now adverising their venue for parties etc for 2013.

No truth in it!

No truth in it!

Aye, this happens every so often for some reason, this isn't the 1st time this has surfaced.

Aye, this happens every so often for some reason, this isn't the 1st time this has surfaced.

True, but I dont see what reason it's happening?

They are both owned by the same group.

True, but I dont see what reason it's happening?

As you said it isn't , rumour mongering at its best.

As you said it isn't , rumour mongering at its best.

Ireland is renowned for it. :)

Yeah the banks...

Anyway I'll be glad if the rumour I heard is wrong, would hate to see either of these pubs closing down. I spent many a day/night in them and they would be a huge loss to Dublin 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

There were rumors that the Bell and Clonsilla were both closing due to deals with Aldi or possibly Lidl, but the rumor has being doing the rounds for months and strongly denied.

I'd advise you go straight to the horse and find out, as rumors can be bad for business.

Aldi already have a 12 million site a 100 meters away and that site was denied planning a number of years ago duo to traffic congestion associated with a supermarket on that stretch of the road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Aldi will be going into the old school site in Mulhuddart village, unless they've pulled out but PP was granted earlier this year for it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seriously folks, how many times do people have to be asked not to post unsubstantiated rumours here? If the rumours are true, then it'll come out in due course and a proper discussion can be had then. But for now all this is doing is potentially harming the business of a pub that to the best of everyone's knowledge is staying open until further notice. Please think before you post stuff like this in the future, ok?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement