Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone 5 wifi signal

• 29-11-2012 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭

Anyone have poor wifi signal strength with the iphone 5 ? Sitting here with macbook pro and iphone beside each other. MBP has full strength wifi. iphone drops back to 3G. It's fine when closer to the router.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Anyone have poor wifi signal strength with the iphone 5 ? Sitting here with macbook pro and iphone beside each other. MBP has full strength wifi. iphone drops back to 3G. It's fine when closer to the router.

I had a similar problem with a HTC One X.
    The problem was the metal contacts inside, you can bend them or stick in a bit of tinfoil.

But seeing as most apple users prefer to let apple do their fixing for them for a premium, you'll probably want to return it for a fix.

I know this is a different phone, but it's a start. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jZ-nelmWAI&feature=player_detailpage#t=207s

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭alanashe

My 1st iPhone 5 had wifi problems, as soon as I moved away from the router it lost connection. Apple replaced it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

how far away would you move before it would lose signal?

Around 10 feet away, when I was in the next room I couldnt get signal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

mine isn't that bad but a single sold wall seems to be enough to kill it.

• Advertisement

Get onto Apple and get it replaced!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Had the same, a reset (hold power and home button until phone switches off by itself) fixed my problem. Read in other forums of similar problems, some were fixed by reset some got them replaced...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Bigcheeze wrote: »

Firstly a MBP is always going to be better. It stands to reason it has a bigger, better and more delicate sensor.

Also remember that the bars shown on the phone are subjective. Refer to all of the furore back when the hand grip thing was in the news. It may be showing one or two bars but that doesn't mean the signal is any less good.

Your signal problem may well also be determined by a router problem, local interference from other devices, wall issues, etc etc and may have nothing to do with the phone in and of itself.

Advertisement