Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did boards just go back in time?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 12:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭

Read pm's marked as unread and some threads and posts vanished...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Yeah, when I go to the front page of a forum, or to my User CP, it's showing me that I have unread posts in threads where I don't, and they're not showing up some of the newest posts.

• Moderators Posts: 51,792 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

Having the same problem. Threads missing new posts. This thread actually opened with no posts visible. Ctrl+F5 didn't fix the problem.

WinXP and Firefox 16.0.2

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Same, threads appearing as having unread posts when I've already read them and the last few posts disappearing. (Chrome)

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Most recent post: 28-11, 15:19

:-/

(announcement, whoops),

second most recent 29-11, 11:19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Same here, got a pm then went to read it & it didn't exist! Numerous new posts gone missing too. I blame Danny...as usual

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Nope, we've not gone back in time but a database hamster thought it was cool to stop taking new posts after 11:23am. Problem is being resolved as I type :)

Danny

Got this screen straight after the above post

dpv3tt.jpg

Nope, we've not gone back in time but a database hamster thought it was cool to stop taking new posts after 11:23am. Problem is being resolved as I type :)

Danny

I suggest more cheese Danny, hamsters love cheese!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

EnterNow wrote: »
    Got this screen straight after the above post

dpv3tt.jpg

I wrote my first response to this thread to the exact same screen. I knew what you guys were here for thanks to an eagle-eye in the office who told us something funny was going on :) The hamster in question has been punished for laziness and everything should be normal again.

Thanks guys

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I hate hamsters!

• Advertisement

smash wrote: »
    I hate hamsters!

Evil little bastids, one bit me before! :mad:

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement