Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"other" beers on draught in d15

Options
  • 29-11-2012 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi all

I'm a recently arrived blow in and was wondering if there are any pubs around d15 that serve other, non-diagio et al beers? the likes of Trouble Brewing or that around?

So far, I know that the 12th lock has an ok selection, and im a fan of Staropramen/Hoegaargen on tap.

Anywhere else that comes to mind?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

folan wrote: »
    Hi all

I'm a recently arrived blow in and was wondering if there are any pubs around d15 that serve other, non-diagio et al beers? the likes of Trouble Brewing or that around?

So far, I know that the 12th lock has an ok selection, and im a fan of Staropramen/Hoegaargen on tap.

Anywhere else that comes to mind?

El Cordobes Tapas has some dungarven beers, Hartstown inn has dungarven beers and carlow (bottle). that about it

Here is a handy beoir map, that locates craft beer location in Ireland ,also available as a handy smart phone app too

http://www.beoir.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&id=7&Itemid=103

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

The Hole in the Wall (beside the Phoenix Park) isn't in D15 but close enough. I haven't been there in years but apparently it has a good selection of craft beer, not sure what's on draught though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I know this is not draught, but Carry Out off licence has a great selection of craft and unusal beers, I've never come out of there with the same beer twice. Not sure about all the ones in Dublin 15 but the one in Tyrrelstown has a great selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

The Hole in the Wall (beside the Phoenix Park) isn't in D15 but close enough. I haven't been there in years but apparently it has a good selection of craft beer, not sure what's on draught though.

Belfast Blonde, Curim Gold (on tap and in bottle), Dungarvan bottles.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I know this is not draught, but Carry Out off licence has a great selection of craft and unusal beers, I've never come out of there with the same beer twice. Not sure about all the ones in Dublin 15 but the one in Tyrrelstown has a great selection.

The one in Rathborne is owned by the same guy who owns the one in Tyrrelstown.
    The guys in Rathborne claim their selection of beer is better too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Turbulent Bill

ThisRegard wrote: »

Agreed, and they're pretty proactive in promoting them too.

It's much easier now to get a decent beer selection in D15 off-licences now, even compared to a year ago. Carry Out, O'Briens, Superquinn, Molloys and even Dunnes tend to have something interesting. I've never seen any effort made by D15 pubs to broaden their selection though (apart from the 12th Lock).

Advertisement