Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slimming World help for Christmas

• 29-11-2012 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

This will be my first Christmas doing SW secretly dreading it :eek In the past the amount of stuff I would buy and bake, biscuits, cake, pudding, cream, vol au vents, sausage rolls, crisps mulled wine and loads of cheese (love it). I know I can splurge a little but I really dont want to go overboard and come back in Jan with a half stone put on :eek: Was trying to look up web for some meals/tips for surviving the Christmas. If anyone has done a Christmas on SW before please share some tips, this season for me mostly revolves around food :) low fat versions of the above appreciated don't fancy eating salad and scan bran for the day

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

miss choc wrote: »
    This will be my first Christmas doing SW secretly dreading it :eek In the past the amount of stuff I would buy and bake, biscuits, cake, pudding, cream, vol au vents, sausage rolls, crisps mulled wine and loads of cheese (love it). I know I can splurge a little but I really dont want to go overboard and come back in Jan with a half stone put on :eek: Was trying to look up web for some meals/tips for surviving the Christmas. If anyone has done a Christmas on SW before please share some tips, this season for me mostly revolves around food :) low fat versions of the above appreciated don't fancy eating salad and scan bran for the day

Self Control is all it is. Why not have the slice of cake and biscuit? Just don't have two. Eat that extra bit of turkey or whatever.

If you feel you are going to over do it, go for a walk or jog or something on Christmas eve and the next day if you can.

Drinking plenty of water will help also.

Take 30 minutes from your christmas day if you can and do some exercise, no matter how small.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

miss choc wrote: »
    I really dont want to go overboard and come back in Jan with a half stone

Of course try to control your self and limit those cals but is half a stone really that bad if your enjoy your Christmas?

A 2 pound lose per week is very doable and considering how dull January normally is you could have that weight off by February.

Advertisement