Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chapelgate Drumcondra

Options
  • 29-11-2012 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Anyone know what Chapelgate is like as a complex? Looking at renting an apartment there. Also it only comes with one car parking spot so I'd love to know what the visitor parking is like aswell. Everywhere else around St Alphonsus road is pay parking... Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 comuirch

I've been renting in this complex for almost three years now. It's a great place!

-Management company are fabulous
    -Grounds are kept immaculate.
    -Bins and Recycling collected regularly
    -Issues with management company resolved quickly
    -They even arrange a skip just after christmas to dump your christmas tree into

On the flip side, parking is a bit of an issue (like most apartment complexes). Think there are 9 visitor spots for the entire complex (c111 apartments/houses)....and there are a number of apartments who have multiple cars that insist on using the visitor spots as their second spot. This makes parking a bit of an issue if you actually have visitors over. To be honest on the few occasions we've not been able to get a visitor spot we've been able to park beside the railway bridge (which isn't pay parking) and only a short stroll away. Not ideal, but workable.

If you've only one car for the apartment then one spot will be fine. You can muddle through when visitors arrive and arrange something. If you've got more than one car and decide to rent in chapelgate please remember the visitor spots are for visitors as opposed to extra parking for residents. If you require a second parking spot there are occasionally notices up from apartment owners/occupiers to rent out their spot (so that is a possibility)

Happy to answer any other questions you might have.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CoxswainLovalot

Hey there Comuirch,

Off topic but I saw your post on this ancient thread regarding the Chapelgate complex in Drumcondra and was wondering if you could put me in touch with the management company? I am trying to track down the owner of the former church adjacent to the original monastery, it was sold recently so the details I have are no longer any use. I am a location scout and am interested in taking some photos of the interior for a tv show I'm working on.

Its a long shot but any light you might shine on this would be greatly appreciated, if you drop me a quick PM I can give you my number and email address etc.

Coxswain

• Registered Users Posts: 39 comuirch

Sorry just seeing this now. From what i remember the agency was Keenan Property Management at the time

Advertisement