Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last day for Xmas order?

• 29-11-2012 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Does anyone know what is the last day to order off the apple site to guarantee delivery before Christmas. Says Dec 5th on apple.com but no mention on apple.ie. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Depends on what you order.
    I ordered an iPad on Friday for the Black Friday sale and had it on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭7upfree

kceire wrote: »
    Depends on what you order.
    I ordered an iPad on Friday for the Black Friday sale and had it on Tuesday.

Ordered an iPad mini and Apple TV on Tuesday. Giving an estimated delivery date of 27th December!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Do compub sell iphones

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Do compub sell iphones

No.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

No.

Any idea when they will be available on prepay

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

You mean the iPhone 5? It is already, isn't it? O2 have it on prepay anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭The-Rafalution

Ordered the mini, delivery estimated Dec 19th :D

Just checked it again. Delivery date now the 21st December. Yayyy! Thanks again.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Just in case anyone is still curious the expected ship times for Christmas are online now.

http://store.apple.com/ie/browse/campaigns/holiday/shipping

• Advertisement

7upfree wrote: »
    Just checked it again. Delivery date now the 21st December. Yayyy! Thanks again.:)

Just got an email now to say it's shipped!!!!:eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Same happened to me awhile ago I ordered a Mac Mini and the estimated date of delivery was almost a month away, I got it within a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Ordered iphone 5 this morning & as the website states expect delivery 12th Dec plus it is still processing my order.

Sold the missus iPhone 4 16gb to family member for 200euro & me missus is claiming my 4S...so only cost 479euro sim free.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭iphone4g

Who delivers the iPhone/iPad ?
    Is it An Post or a currier?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

iphone4g wrote: »
    Who delivers the iPhone/iPad ?
    Is it An Post or a currier?

Either TNT or Nightline, in my experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Ordered Mini 16gb white this morning says delivers 2nd Jan :( Been thinking about for ages I know should of ordered earlier suppose there's no hope of getting before Christmas?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,533 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Currys in the Jervis Centre had a couple of 16gb iPad minis today left in stock..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Currys in the Jervis Centre had a couple of 16gb iPad minis today left in stock..

Suppose its not possible to reserve one? Don't want to travel and end up empty handed. I accept that there is zero chance of bringing delivery date forward..

Strange, I ordered the iPad mini a while back when it had an estimated delivery of 2 weeks. It gave the December 16 as the 'delivered by' date. Thought they would of shipped first come, first serve.

DubDJ wrote: »

Strange, I ordered the iPad mini a while back when it had an estimated delivery of 2 weeks. It gave the December 16 as the 'delivered by' date. Thought they would of shipped first come, first serve.

Could be a different size/colour to the one you ordered?

• Advertisement

Suppose its not possible to reserve one? Don't want to travel and end up empty handed. I accept that there is zero chance of bringing delivery date forward..

Dunno - try ringing them first?

I ordered a 16GB White Wifi only model. Still estimated for December 16th.

Edit: Order shipped. It's TNT that's delivering it. Have Thursday as the expected day though. Was expecting Monday or Tuesday.

Advertisement