Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Wireless Connector

Options
  • 29-11-2012 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Has anyone had any problems setting up the Sky Wireless Connector to their broadband router to access Sky On Demand? I have my wi-fi router upstairs, and have no problem detecting the router downstairs with iPad, iPhone, Apple TV etc. But my new Sky Wireless Connector which arrived this week cannot detect the wi'fi in the house. Not sure if it is a faulty box but doubt it. Has anyone successfully set a Sky Wireless Connector up to their network to access On Demand+ on Sky ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 aikikai

Hi colmcc2,

Same problem.Using old router from eircom (netopia 2247-02). switched to vodafone and all other devices connect fine.
    Spent half a day trying to resolve issue and finally after talking with sky technical they admitted there is a problem and
    are trying to resolve.
    Quick message to anybody using WEP encription key for privacy. Just found out its not secure at all. Change to WPK-PSK.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colmcc2

Thanks Aikikai.

Have spent a number of days on and off with the Sky technical guys. They are flummoxed. They sent me a new wireless connector box but the same issue occurs.
    Definitely think it's an issue with the broadband router settings. My provider is Webworld which is wireless. Not sure the Sky wireless box knows how to recognise the router.
    Not holding out any hope on Sky remedying it, as I have had no other problems with any other wireless device recognising the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

hi im having the same problem, just wondering have any of you fixed this problem? im with eircom and have no problem with any other connections to the wifi

• Registered Users Posts: 10 colmcc2

I've tried everything at this stage. Ordered a new Sky Connector box but that didn't work either. I spent a lot of time on the phone with the sky guys, who tried their best. I'm convinced that either the sky connector can't work with a Wireless N network (which I think I read somewhere anyway) or there's a setting on the router which needs to be changed. Either way, Sky can't do anything but you should call them as they are familiar with set ups for Eircom users.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What security type is your Router set to? Have you tried changing it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭fernrock

colmcc2 wrote: »
    I've tried everything at this stage. Ordered a new Sky Connector box but that didn't work either. I spent a lot of time on the phone with the sky guys, who tried their best. I'm convinced that either the sky connector can't work with a Wireless N network (which I think I read somewhere anyway) or there's a setting on the router which needs to be changed. Either way, Sky can't do anything but you should call them as they are familiar with set ups for Eircom users.

I have used one,no problem while on vodafone which was an "N".
    My problem was with a Roberts internet radio, which would only work on "g" protocol .
    Now changed to Sky and on demand still ok but, still radio problems.

I have used the items mentioned in "waywardchild's" post no 7 to solve my radio problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 joey101

Sorry could anyone tell can you connect a sky router to vodafone broadband my friend is trying without success keeps getting question mark i see on some forums that you need to open more ports can anyone help thanks

Advertisement