Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when is a deal a deal?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

is a verbal contract legal?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

not worth the paper its written on..........ohhh wait

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deeredriver78

thanks mm :) ..is there anybody out there unhappy with the way grain traders are treting their suppliers in relation to grain price???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭blue4ever

you can have a verbal contact - so along as there is a third party witness to verify the details - otherwise its "he said, she said"

thank you.we never agreed a price and this entity is trying to force a price on us that was never agreed or signed up for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

thank you.we never agreed a price and this entity is trying to force a price on us that was never agreed or signed up for.

A price for a service or product, whether by written or oral agreement, is a vital component of a contract. Unless you have an advertised price or made a quotation, I fear the balance of power to decide the value would largely reside with the purchaser. If this is the case, I suspect that this may prove to be an expensive lesson in commercial contract law and dare I say niaivity. Not a mistake you will ever make again. Your best option, based on the information provided here, would be to accept the best figure you can negotiate. The dynamic is in the buyers favour to set a price on the value he perceives !

Sorry to be the the naysayer here

Cheers

Peter

• Advertisement

thanks peter..they offered a certain price at the time of negotiation over the phone.we never agreed at the time because i wanted a small increase to cover my transport costs.they proceeded to send out a cheque for 40% less than THEY had offered at that time.i know i did not agree this price.they maintain i did.what are my options?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

thanks peter..they offered a certain price at the time of negotiation over the phone.we never agreed at the time because i wanted a small increase to cover my transport costs.they proceeded to send out a cheque for 40% less than THEY had offered at that time.i know i did not agree this price.they maintain i did.what are my options?

If I am correct, you actually did the work before agreeing a price. If so the price would be the price they offered. You can sue them, but whether that is worthwhile depends on the sum involved and the costs associated with such action. You really need proper legal advice before going down this road, not a decision you can make on advice gleaned on boards.ie!

Cheers

Peter

Advertisement