Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best in Class - Black Ops 2 weapon/perk/equipment discussion

• 29-11-2012 2:29pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭

hey all,
    When I look online it's tough to find solid opinions of players regarding the best weapons/perks/equipment in the game. I though a thread here where we can discuss the best assault rifle, smg, perk etc would be of benefit.

For me I have beein using the M8A1 assault rifle for long range engagements and the R870 shotgun for maps like Hijacked.

I maxed out the Vector K10 to Prestige 2 and loved using it in most maps but want to max out new weapons.

Soooo....what ye all using?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

These are my two main classes at the moment:

STrE8.png

I don't use the SMG one very often though, and will probably be switching to the Skorpian when I unlock it again for that class. The SCAR-H is a beast and does me good on pretty much every map, i'll be putting Scavenger in instead of cold blooded once I unlock it again too(or possibly dropping either hardline or blind eye). Have SCAR prestiged once and nearing second prestige now, not sure what I'll switch to after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

My fave class at the mo is the PDW-57 with FMJ and Fast Mag, no secondary, perks are lightweight/hardline no 2nd perk 3rd perk extreme conditioning and blackhat/semtex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's getting to the stage where the PDW-57 is all I use
    Decent rate of fire, accuracy and range for an smg and a HUGE clip :)
    Generally use supressor and prolly go with fast mags too.
    Haven't played enough to settle on a class but think Engineer will be a go to perk.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    It's getting to the stage where the PDW-57 is all I use
    Decent rate of fire, accuracy and range for an smg and a HUGE clip :)
    Generally use supressor and prolly go with fast mags too.
    Haven't played enough to settle on a class but think Engineer will be a go to perk.

engineer and blackhat are a great combination if you have care package on, also for robbing/boobytrapping enemy ones from a distance :pac:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

krudler wrote: »
    engineer and blackhat are a great combination if you have care package on, also for robbing/boobytrapping enemy ones from a distance :pac:

Scavenger is a must too as it gives you your blackhat back after you use it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

krudler wrote: »

Yeah seeing as (like with every COD) stuns and flashes only seem to work on me I think I'll carry round the blackhat. Flash grenades in particular the number of times in MW2, Blops & MW3 I've flashed myself is ridiculous.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Scavenger is a must too as it gives you your blackhat back after you use it ;)

did.not.know.this.

tumblr_mdsyhjpBJi1rnvwt1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

MSMC w/Ext. Mags and Silencer

Lightweight/Ghost
    Toughness
    Ext. Cond/Awareness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

MK 48 w/ silencer, grip, target finder

Hardline
    Toughness
    Engineer

Claymore/Betty x 2

UAV, Hellstorm, Lightning Strike

You've got yourself a beastly defensive class there if you're protecting dom points or the home flag in CTF. The killstreaks will stack up quickly as well raking you in the kills

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

getting great results with this class with UAV, care package and guardian
    works great for dom and KC
    v8n6gl.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Is there any Portable Radar or equivalent in this game? Used this lot in MW3 handy for going around corners.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Is there any Portable Radar or equivalent in this game? Used this lot in MW3 handy for going around corners.

Sensor grenade I think its called?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

miralize wrote: »
    Sensor grenade I think its called?

Nice one. Might check it out.

Have the game since last week, but not time to look at what is what.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

type 25 target finder and surpressor
    crossbow
    ghost, cold blooded, engineer
    black hat x2
    grenade

prestiged the type 25 twice so far, target finder is great for fellas that seem to be stuck behind stuff with just their head sticking out
    crossbow is good crack for blowing up cars ect where people are hiding,
    mp7 is another good gun but i change it to vector, i would like to get the diamond camo, but its gonna take a while

• Registered Users Posts: 2 SnowingArcher

Balista with fmj for me
    Tac 45 as a sidearm with fmj as well
    Blind eye helps against horrible no-skill deaths eg (hunter killer drones)
    Toughness
    Dexterity
    Engineer In my opinion the best all round third perk
    Reached second prestige quite happily with this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,161 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

What's the best set o perks to run with the Riot Shield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,369 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

My pretty much standard Dom (and thus the rest of the game modes) class is pretty much any AR/SMG that takes my fancy now that I have diamond snipers, Blind eye, Flak Jacket, Cold Blooded, Tac Mask. Then semtex and 2 emp nades and you can choose then between a launcher or an attachment for your final slot.

Advertisement