Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coal Prices Wexford

Options
  • 29-11-2012 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone tried that Hayes Fuels Premium Polish Coal from Chadwicks (€14.50 for 40kgs)

How is it compared to Staffords Superior Polish Coal (around €16.50 for 40kgs)?

Where is cheapest place to get Staffords anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I don't buy solid fuel. But I did see at the weekend an ad for the following

http://www.arignafuels.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭L8rdude

Hayes Fuels Premium Polish - if that is the yellow bag (€14 per 40kg from Kenny Fuels in Gorey) , I found it decent enough - a slow burner. but we've gone back to our normal coal which I can't remember the name of

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

You'll have to bear with me here as I don't know the exact names of the coal but I always bought the Staffords Polish Silver Bag coal. It was priced around €17 per bag.

Just recently switched to another Staffords coal which is a red bag (also named superior) which is €12 a bag in a garage on the way to Castlebridge (beside the Peugeot garage) and it is excellent.

I'm using it in a stove though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

L8rdude wrote: »
    Hayes Fuels Premium Polish - if that is the yellow bag (€14 per 40kg from Kenny Fuels in Gorey) , I found it decent enough - a slow burner. but we've gone back to our normal coal which I can't remember the name of

Yeh it's the yellow bag alright

I don't buy solid fuel. But I did see at the weekend an ad for the following

http://www.arignafuels.ie/

Co.Roscommon :confused::confused:

• Advertisement

You'll have to bear with me here as I don't know the exact names of the coal but I always bought the Staffords Polish Silver Bag coal. It was priced around €17 per bag.

Just recently switched to another Staffords coal which is a red bag (also named superior) which is €12 a bag in a garage on the way to Castlebridge (beside the Peugeot garage) and it is excellent.

I'm using it in a stove though.

Yeh the red bag is called "Household" coal and it's crap in an open fire, tried it once before and rubbish, went back to the staffords silver bag - premium polish coal.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Co.Roscommon :confused::confused:

And ?

And ?

What's it got to do with the cheapest place to buy Staffords in the WEXFORD thread?

What's it got to do with the cheapest place to buy Staffords in the WEXFORD thread?

available nationwide my friend.
    The topic is about coal not world war three or the great depression.

available nationwide my friend.
    The topic is about coal not world war three or the great depression.

Earth calling handlemaster, I asked specifically where I could get Staffords coal cheapest -
    Where is cheapest place to get Staffords anyone know?

Have you connections to this company you are promoting per chance?

• Advertisement

Earth calling handlemaster, I asked specifically where I could get Staffords coal cheapest -

Have you connections to this company you are promoting per chance?

nothing to do with them at all. You were talking about coal prices. I seen an ad from them at the weekend. So chill cat !!!! Looks as if you have an enough hot air to keep you warm anyhow. UnFollowing thread.

UnFollowing thread.

Thank goodness for that. Useless posts irrelevant to what was asked;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

€12.99 for Staffords smokeless in Kinsella's, Killeens,Wexford,sign didn't state what size bag so I assume 40kg.

Re: the red bags of coal,I find them grand as I combine them with timber in my fire & €23 for 2 40kg bags is the cheapest I've seen for coal anywhere (picked up another 2 today)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Anyone tried that Hayes Fuels Premium Polish Coal from Chadwicks (€14.50 for 40kgs)
    ?

Chadwicks are now inside the smokeless zone , so unlikely to be selling polish coal within .

Eurofuels are selling coal & bags of blocks at Donohoes Filling Station @ Hempfield in Enniscorthy,they have 'cheap' coal for 10e a bag along with higher grades of coal.

Chadwicks are now inside the smokeless zone , so unlikely to be selling polish coal within .

Correct, they aren't

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭The prowler

zerks wrote: »
    €12.99 for Staffords smokeless in Kinsella's, Killeens,Wexford,sign didn't state what size bag so I assume 40kg.

Re: the red bags of coal,I find them grand as I combine them with timber in my fire & €23 for 2 40kg bags is the cheapest I've seen for coal anywhere (picked up another 2 today)

Where did you get the two bags for €23 if you dont mind me asking? Coz that is a very good price

Where did you get the two bags for €23 if you dont mind me asking? Coz that is a very good price

Freemans Shop in Oylegate.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭The prowler

zerks wrote: »

Freemans Shop in Oylegate.
    Thanks for that,i may drop in and purchase some when im passing sometime. Im guessing its staffords coal?

Bah Humbug.

Got another new bag (another Staffords one, orange bag I think) which was €15.99 and it was worse than the €12 bag.

Feck it anyway :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Bah Humbug.

Got another new bag (another Staffords one, orange bag I think) which was €15.99 and it was worse than the €12 bag.

Feck it anyway :mad:

Orange bag is Euro-fuels - not Staffords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Of all the coal types I have tried in an open fire I find Staffords Superior coal to be the best - costs me €14.95 per 40kg bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭maynooth_rules

Anyone know the cheapest coal around Gorey?? Bought Hi Heat Coal last time but its not great

Orange bag is Euro-fuels - not Staffords

It's bag of shyte whatever it is

Squiggle wrote: »
    Of all the coal types I have tried in an open fire I find Staffords Superior coal to be the best - costs me €14.95 per 40kg bag.

The Silver Staffords Superior Polish Coal for 14.95 per 40kgs? Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭bigroad

Anyone know the cheapest coal around Gorey?? Bought Hi Heat Coal last time but its not great
    Im using polish coal from the garage out the arklow road gorey .So far so good and its 14euro for 40kg .White bag ,and the man lifts it into the car for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Squiggle

The Silver Staffords Superior Polish Coal for 14.95 per 40kgs? Where?

O'Briens Spar, Priory street, New Ross - just across the road from the Court house.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

What a Lot of people don't realize is that if you have an open fire with or without a back boiler then nearly 80% of your heat is lost up the chimney with draught.
    We are burning this http://www.cplfuels.ie/products/premium-coal Available for €15 per bag in George Kehoes. Templeshannon Enniscorthy
    in a Boru Doras Fire door http://www.irelandstoves.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71. running 9 rads and have constant hot water. Never again would we go back to an open fire. No more draughts.

Navarre wrote: »
    What a Lot of people don't realize is that if you have an open fire with or without a back boiler then nearly 80% of your heat is lost up the chimney with draught.
    We are burning this http://www.cplfuels.ie/products/premium-coal Available for €15 per bag in George Kehoes. Templeshannon Enniscorthy
    in a Boru Doras Fire door http://www.irelandstoves.ie/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71. running 9 rads and have constant hot water. Never again would we go back to an open fire. No more draughts.

Ah yeh but what about..."chestnuts, roasting on an open fire......" I'd miss it (the open fire that is);) !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Ah yeh but what about..."chestnuts, roasting on an open fire......" I'd miss it (the open fore that is);) !

To hell with the chestnuts. I am happy just with warm nuts. :P:P

Advertisement