Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIFLE SLING

Options
  • 29-11-2012 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭

I bought a new rifle sling from www.specialtyoutdoorproducts.net last week.
    It works very well, you can use it as a normal sling or use it as a backpack style sling to leave both hands free when crawling or climbing etc.
    Cost just over 30 euro in total.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

had you any problem with them posting it out of the U.S. i tried to order a simillar sling off len at longrange hunting and they said they couldnt post out of U.S. cos it attaches to a weapon and is therefore restricted !!!!
    be interested too see how it works out in the flesh for ya ..
    ian

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

What's it like for comfort. I have a few, and they are as narrow, and i found they "cut into" your shoulder after a while.

I got one of these a couple of weeks ago ( Allen Cobra sling) from Wildhunter in athlone.

It's 3" wide on the shoulder so the weight is spread well, and does not cut into you. The underside is sharkskin so i can happily walk with the rifle on my shoulder without having to keep a hand on it. Only cost €25 too. Plus when i checked online i got the same story as Ianoo, that they won't ship outside the states so good to see them available.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

The straps are about 30mm wide.
    My stalking rifle is quite light so it feels ok but a heavier rifle might cause discomfort.
    No problems posting to Ireland, it was posted on a monday and I had it on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

did you get the normal version or the magnum version ???i see in the videos that the straps are wider on the magnum version .....might be more comfortable when you have a moderator and bipod attached to the rifle ,,,,

ian...

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭zeissman

ianoo wrote: »
    did you get the normal version or the magnum version ???i see in the videos that the straps are wider on the magnum version .....might be more comfortable when you have a moderator and bipod attached to the rifle ,,,,

ian...
    I got the normal version.
    Magnum would be better with a heavier gun.

• Advertisement
Advertisement