Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Savings account

Options
  • 29-11-2012 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,
    I was just wondering if I could take out money from my savings account from another Bank of Ireland branch. I will not be able to get to my branch but I need to the money. If not what are my options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi catmcgoo1990,

Thanks for your query. It is possible to request a withdrawal from your Savings Account in any Bank of Ireland branch, provided that the type of Savings account you have doesn't require a Withdrawal Notice Period. If this is the case, you may need to ring the branch that you plan on making the withdrawal from in advance if the withdrawal is for an amount over €5000.

If your Savings Account does require a Withdrawal Notice Period, you can give notice, in person, in any Bank of Ireland branch or in writing to your account holding branch. If you plan on collecting the funds from a branch other than your own, please make sure this is noted in the Withdrawal Notice.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 2 catmcgoo1990

Thanks for the quick reply! :)

Advertisement