Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbin a solid fuel stove

• 29-11-2012 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all. I have a kerosene boiler outside which heats the radiators and boiler in the hot press for hot water. I want to install a Solid fuel stove into the house. Can I plumb the new stove directly into a radiator to heat the system or do I have to root the pipes through the house and into the pipes coming from the existing kerosene boiler. I would like to be able to use the kerosene boiler as a backup to the solid fuel boiler.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Spoofkill wrote: »
    Hi all. I have a kerosene boiler outside which heats the radiators and boiler in the hot press for hot water. I want to install a Solid fuel stove into the house. Can I plumb the new stove directly into a radiator to heat the system or do I have to root the pipes through the house and into the pipes coming from the existing kerosene boiler. I would like to be able to use the kerosene boiler as a backup to the solid fuel boiler.
    NO NO NO NO NO,.
    Get a good plumber in.,....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

Spoofkill wrote: »

You really need a professional to do this job.

Connecting in to the nearest radiator wont work and is downright dangerous. Its really not as simple as you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

You really need a professional to do this job.

Connecting in to the nearest radiator wont work and is downright dangerous. Its really not as simple as you think.
    Exactly.
    BOOM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

connecting in a solid fuel boiler is a major job at best and may not even be possible depending on the system.
    It is something that needs to be done correctly and by someone who is familiar with solid fuel boilers

Advertisement