Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Door Camera..

Options
  • 29-11-2012 3:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭

Did a quick search but didn't find much...

Here's the thing. Parents live alone (contradiction, but you know what I mean :p) Auld Chap is wheelchair bound & De Mammy looks after him.

In their 70's so they are vulnerable.

In addition to the alarm & locks we would like to set up a camera at the front door for caller vetting.

Simple set-up, as automated as possible, connected to TV which is across hall, maybe 20' away.

She doesn't want intercom, just to see who's at the door.

I'm proficient enough not to stab meself with a screwdriver so I'd be happy to fit it, but don't have a clue what to look for.

What would the best option in type/make/cost etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

If you one one that's as automated as possible an intercom with a built in camera is the best thing . When they ring the bell they can push one button on the handset inside to see who's there. Some of them have a built in panic button so the house alarm can be connected to it and triggered .
    Lidl usually get one in that works using two wires so you can use the existing bell wire if there is one .

Advertisement