Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goalkeeper wanted

Options
  • 29-11-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all, I'm organising a 6-aside astro league team beginning mid January. The games are on Wednesday evenings in Douglas sports park.

I pretty much have the team sorted except for the goalkeeper. I've found through experience that this is the most critical position. Are there any enthusiastic shot stoppers among you hungry for success? If so get back to me please, we'd love to have you on board. It will cost roughly E50 for the season, which is 14 games long.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bavi

Just bumping this.

Entering a team soon, anybody interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

im looking a goalie too for the team im helpin manage in the munster junior league n it wont cost an interested party anything too play for us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Goalie here.

Main points: haven't played In 12 months but I'm a junior league standard shot stopper that has played in many Astro leagues and occasionally Sunday league.

Main issue I have is I live in the city centre and have no transport. My fitness and sharpness wouldn't take too long to get back. Not sure really what your expecting I'm certainly no shay given :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

MrMac84 wrote: »
    im looking a goalie too for the team im helpin manage in the munster junior league n it wont cost an interested party anything too play for us :)

In Brazil goalies always get to play for free in recreational soccer teams because it's such an unpopular position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 bavi

In Brazil goalies always get to play for free in recreational soccer teams because it's such an unpopular position.

Some people do enjoy the position. But I guess we could waive the fee if some one was up for it. Really missed a goalie last season.

Haven't heard back from ComeraghBlue, are you still interested? I hope you weren't poached by MrMac84.

Anyone else interested?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I got 2 keepers...All is good

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

Pm sent

Advertisement