Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marking Schemes

• 29-11-2012 4:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 275 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me why there isn't marking schemes on the examinations.ie website before 2001, is it before that Marking Schemes weren't commisioned ? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I think it's because before that, the exams were run by Examinations Branch, Dept. of Education, not the State Examinations Commission.

**edit** actually no, the SEC was set up in 2003, so that can't be the reason. Perhaps no-one in Athlone kept them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

Maybe it's to do with the server space? Maybe they couldn't hold every exam paper and marking scheme from 2001?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I think they just replace the oldest with the newest every year, but I could be wrong. I seem to remember people often asking for marking schemes from 1999 and before, implying that 2000 was there before 2012 replaced it, but again, thats just a guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

aarond280 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why there isn't marking schemes on the examinations.ie website before 2001, is it before that Marking Schemes weren't commisioned ? Thanks

They do exist because I have a few for my subject knocking around at home pre 2001.

I'd imagine that for many courses the syllabus has changed and it just isn't seen as a priority to have marking schemes up for old papers, particularly which have topics on them which are no longer examined.

That or they were typed previously, instead of word processed so the documents would have to be redone on a computer before converting to pdf, rather than scanning in old documents to make a pdf which may not look particularly professional.

To be honest i have no idea, but those are likely explanations.

Advertisement