Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tullamore auctioneers

Options
  • 29-11-2012 4:05pm

jesus i have been looking at buyin a house in tullamore for the last six to eight months. its a house in particular i have my eye on. but god almighty Cleary auctioneers <snip>. did any one have problems with them. they never respond to requests for extra information. its like your putting them out if you ask for anything.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

[MOD]

If you're going to specifically name a particular firm, please leave out the 'colourful' language.

Please have a read of THIS THREAD to see why this is an issue.

[/MOD]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Dewdropdeb

We're having similar trouble with ALL the auctioneers. You wouldn't think there's a recession that's for sure. It's something I've always struggled with in this country how people who should want your business can't be bothered to do something as simple as ring you back! I would have thought things had changed now that we're all feeling the pinch but clearly not. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Dewdropdeb wrote: »
    We're having similar trouble with ALL the auctioneers. You wouldn't think there's a recession that's for sure. It's something I've always struggled with in this country how people who should want your business can't be bothered to do something as simple as ring you back! I would have thought things had changed now that we're all feeling the pinch but clearly not. :/

Same with car sales garages :mad:

does anyone know how i can find out who owns house. clearys wont tell me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

foxylass wrote: »
    does anyone know how i can find out who owns house. clearys wont tell me.

www.landregistry.ie

• Advertisement

thanks ill try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 alibaba2

wouldnt trust anyone in clearys as far as i could throw them!! very bad experiences! when i see a house now that they are selling i rule it out almost immediately!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 kerrywoman1

I think all estate agents all over ireland need to put some work in to restoring the publics faith in them.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 29 fog arty

I have found Liam Moran to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Malena72

My friend is worn out with the way she's been treated by Auctioneers in the midlands, between phone calls going into the answering machines and having to call again sometimes, some do return calls! Phantom bidders when she knows for sure there is nobody else interested in the houses, and if she puts another grand on a house making her the highest 'bidder' she doesnt get calls to say what the phantom bidder is doing, then weeks later she rings the auctioneers and is told the price now on the house is 10 grand more than what she put on it, and then later its even more!! She offered on one house and was told after talking for an hour with the auctioneer that there was 7 grand more than what she offered and that the girl will go another 3 grand at least. About 6 months later that house was sold for 1 grand more than what she had offered. She couldn't believe it. So she is just fed up and is hearing of similiar stories and also is hearing of many who are buying from the owners of houses without going through auctioneers. So I think that is the best way for her to go now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement