Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A festive drink with your fellow D15ers!

Options
  • 29-11-2012 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭

It's been fun chatting and arguing with the lot of ye over the last year or so.
    Anyone for a meetup up and a quiet drink or two?

When: some Thursday- Sunday before new years?
    Where: Some where with seats and on most of the bus routes, so The Bell or Crown Plaza hotel, anyone got any other suggestions?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Sounds good to me. We've used both of those pubs for D15 meetups before and they're fine, I'd have no preference either way.
    Been a while since we had a beers (too long!).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

98 views and only 1 reply.
    Ah now here lads, I don't bite.... well unless asked to :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

They keep their cards close to their chest around these here parts..

(unless someone wants to put a gate in a wall :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

We would end up trying to argue the meaning of life under the influence.;)

pff that one is easily answered 42!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭chucknorris

Sharrow wrote: »
    pff that one is easily answered 42!

It would be 24 by the end of the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭MiamiMice

Strawberry Hall is always a good place over Christmas. They go way OTT on the decorations! Free courtesy bus too for most D 15 collections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

MiamiMice wrote: »
    Strawberry Hall is always a good place over Christmas. They go way OTT on the decorations! Free courtesy bus too for most D 15 collections.

Haven't been in the Straw hall in years, nice spot but a bit of the beaten track.

The Bell is Ok, what about the Carpenter?

nudger wrote: »
    The Bell is Ok, what about the Carpenter?

The carpenter is nice but awkward to get to if your not that side of D15 and it's only on the one bus route.

Bell is better for me, I'm coming from the Dark side of D15.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,214 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hello all, might pop along to this once you've decided date, time & venue :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Crown Plaza is probably handiest for most people.
    Sounds like a good idea alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Usually just head out to the scandalous beers of AH, but could be up for this if I can try to bite my tongue hard enough! Which I've admittedly failed to do a couple of times these here parts. :o

Wouldn't know anywhere of use as I generally don't drink in the area or up by the village. The Bell seems like it might be more fitting to a varied crowd, but haven't been in there since 2009.

Either way, I'm in.

Just a thought but with work Xmas parties etc for people, it's probably better to just set a date sooner than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭amtc

I'd love to go and meet some people who post here - but I don't actually *know* anyone so it's a bit like a blind date. Is that a problem?

That usually the way it goes, you meet people you've meet before and talk to them in person.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

True dat.

I'm guessing this isn't going ahead???
    Kinda of a shame, it'd have been great to put faces to posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Gabriele

Did it happen already? or will not take place?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Didn't happen, so... how about we just go to the Bell tomorrow night for few jars and laughs?

I reckon that area would be handier for most folks in the D15 area to get to.

• Advertisement

I'm working late tomorrow so would be about ten by the time I got there but if a few are going I'll happily drop in.

Well I'd still be up for it, roll call? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Well I would be out for tonight sadly but if this becomes a semi regular thing for 2013, count me in :)

Advertisement