Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up a Society info.

Options
  • 29-11-2012 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

Hi, So i and and a second person are trying to set up a society but im am trying to be as organized as possible before we commit. We want it to be a worthwhile experience for all involved.

We have aims goals, events, potentially even mottos, even organizing a logo but its the organization part thats worrying me.

I dont want to go in with guns blazing and find out the society will only have a shelf life of 2-3 weeks.

How do you pull everything together?

What do i need and not need to form one(I've got more then 15 people).

I was wondering if anyone here has set one up and how they approached.

We have been given some peoples names to approach but i was wondering is there anyone else i could talk to that could guide us.

Im a 1st year but 24, so im relatively mature. We have at least 15 people if not more so that 1st part is easy.

Kind of wish there was a a how two guide or something..:)

We are also not to worried about budgets being already done for societies , we are more focused and interested in setting up the ground work so we can follow it through for next year.

Anybody have any advice? Id also prefer not to say what it is , however its not a sporting club.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

drop into the societies office on your campus and have a chat, they are all decent at helping out and/or giving advice especially if you are not asking for money this year

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭danish pasterys

Is it possible to set up Event Planning society ? The college is severely lacking any social nights which is a joke fora third lvl college imo

However with a good group of people and some funds off the college i think we could set something up to plan an organise social nights.. So people can get to know each other an have some craic , And advertise it well up on the site and flyers.. Isn't someone supposed to be doing this already? What is wrong with this college and why has no1 complained yet ?

I had more socials in my plc course than DIT

Advertisement