Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell..

Options
  • 29-11-2012 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Anyone had the same customer experience I recently had with Dell..??

Called a few days ago to buy one of their desktops with windows 7 ( they have some at a special price), they only systems they could sell me had a 27" screen, which I did not want

Having told the sales guy that I did not want a 27" screen. nor wondows 8 .. he eventually had me interested in a 23" desktop but with Windows 8.

He told me he could give me a 10% discount immediately and would I like to be emailed a quoate.. Yes, I aid to enable me study it

The quoate arrived, but on checking it, I found that no 10% discount was applied. If I had called back, Dell would have charged me the full price stating that I ordered on the basis of the quoate

I called them back, saying I was no longer interested, because of what I called the sharp practice of offering me a discount but not showing it on the quoate

Then, believe it or not.. Dell called me 4 times over 2 days trying to get me to change my mind. This has only left me infuriated with the company

Has this happened to anyone else

BTW, I am still looking for a good desktop system

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

what is your budget?

you could build a custom pc for gaming for a fraction of the price of a decent dell pc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Build your own, I imagine what Dell quoted you that you could build a very nice system yourself for the same price.

I've often heard about Dell being very pushy with their sales, though count that down moreso to the salesperson himself trying to bag a commission.

Go over to PC Building & Upgrading they'll help you find a machine for whatever budget you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Langtry1

Looks like its only Dell sales will call back! Have had two very disappointed boys since Christmas morning when a Dell Alienware failed to boot. Have been on to their Tech/Customer support, promised call backs, and - nothing...I would have gotten better service had I tried to contact Santa!
    Dell are a disgrace!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭turbot

I have experienced an *absolute nightmare* in attempting to deal with Dell.

Their whole system seems designed to minimise their costs of support, with absolute disregard for customer time or experience. They are not at all the company they used to be - and have publically stated they no longer consider themselves to be a consumer PC company - and are instead focussing on enterprise IT. This means they are aggressively minimising costs for consumer support - which in turn makes them a nightmare to deal with.

My advice Langtry1 is - get a refund if you can - or expect to waste a lot of time.

They will probably attempt to replace your new Alienware with one built out of 2nd user parts that may have issues. If you argue, you'll get escalated through switchboards of people who you'll realise are totally target driven, according to a system designed by accountants to minimise their costs.

Advertisement