Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to upload pics from sony w890i to laptop?

Options
  • 29-11-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    Having trouble with this at the mo. Friend of mine has a sony ericsson w890i and we wanted to upload pics from this phone to my laptop with the usb cable but we've been getting error message each time we try to connect the usb to the laptop and it just says usb 'malfunctioned'.

A software cd came with the phone originally but my friend has lost this. We downloaded something off the sony site that looked like it might be the same thing but it didn't make any difference.

Don't think that either of us have bluetooth either.

Is there any way at all for us to upload these pics?

Would appreciate any help, am all out of ideas now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

pog it wrote: »
    Hey all,
    Having trouble with this at the mo. Friend of mine has a sony ericsson w890i and we wanted to upload pics from this phone to my laptop with the usb cable but we've been getting error message each time we try to connect the usb to the laptop and it just says usb 'malfunctioned'.

A software cd came with the phone originally but my friend has lost this. We downloaded something off the sony site that looked like it might be the same thing but it didn't make any difference.

Don't think that either of us have bluetooth either.

Is there any way at all for us to upload these pics?

Would appreciate any help, am all out of ideas now.

Have you set the USB settings to mass storage on the phone. Are you getting the error on different laptops?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Have you tried searching for Bluetooth options? There should be an option in the control panel if it's there. What's the laptop model?

Also the photos are most likely stored on a microSD card. You could try a USB card reader like this:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Usb-Adapter-For-Micro-Card/dp/B001U7R1CM/ref=tag_stp_s2_edpp_url

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

many shops ,Dealz etc have usb micro card reader unit
    2 euro, or general 2euro shop electronic,cable section .if phone has a dropbox app you could use that.
    theres a branch in ilac centre ,near moore st entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Can you bluetooth them to a phone that does work via USB ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 19 carter2

Make sure your PC is on and running normally. If necessary, close any running or open applications that might restart or shutdown your computer while you're transferring stuff

• Advertisement
Advertisement