If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 & Wharfedale DX-1 HCP

Options
  • 29-11-2012 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    It's time to upgrade my speakers and I think I've limited it down to the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 & Wharfedale DX-1 HCP. I would be very grateful if you could give me a quote including shipping to Limerick for each package.
    I already have the AV receiver (Yamaha RX-V371)

I would also be very grateful if you to let me know if you would recommend one system over the other. Mostly for TV/Gaming with a little music listening.

Thanks a mill guys.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Hi guys. Do ye have an update on this please.

Thanks

H3000

Any chance guys????

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

h3000 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    It's time to upgrade my speakers and I think I've limited it down to the Boston Acoustics Soundware XS 5.1 & Wharfedale DX-1 HCP. I would be very grateful if you could give me a quote including shipping to Limerick for each package.
    I already have the AV receiver (Yamaha RX-V371)

I would also be very grateful if you to let me know if you would recommend one system over the other. Mostly for TV/Gaming with a little music listening.

Thanks a mill guys.

Apologies for the delay - we had a few days earlier in the week where we really dropped the ball and I'm still trying to catch up (as you can probably see!)

The Boston pack is £249.95 and the Wharfedale DX1 is £349.95 at the moment.

As we have left you so long I'll do free shipping on either pack

You should also have a look at the Monitor Audio Radius 5.1 pack - this is now massively reduced to £249.95 and seriously out performs both the boston and the Wharfedales significanly - ( it ought to as it was originally over £500!)

Have a look at the system here :
    http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/vector/

Again apologies for the delay and drop us a line if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Apologies for the delay - we had a few days earlier in the week where we really dropped the ball and I'm still trying to catch up (as you can probably see!)

You should also have a look at the Monitor Audio Radius 5.1 pack - this is now massively reduced to £249.95 and seriously out performs both the boston and the Wharfedales significanly - ( it ought to as it was originally over £500!)

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for the reply John. I will have a look at the Monitor Audios and get back to you

Thanks

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Hi John,

I think I am going to go with the Monitor Audio's they seem like a bit of a bargain. I will also need about 25m of decent quality speaker cable but I do not want to go overboard either with cost. Can you recommend/quote me for this?
    What is the best way to make contact with you to put in the order?

Thanks for your help,
    Martin

• Advertisement

Hi John,

I think I am going to go with the Monitor Audio's they seem like a bit of a bargain.

COMPLETELY!
    I will also need about 25m of decent quality speaker cable but I do not want to go overboard either with cost. Can you recommend/quote me for this?
    What is the best way to make contact with you to put in the order?

Thanks for your help,
    Martin

Martin - thanks for the order - much appreciated and you won't be disappointed with the Vectors - lots of Boardies have them already and they sound excellent - especially at £249.95 for the 5.1 system!

On the cable fromt - without going overboard we would recommend the Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 which is £1.49 / Meter - I'll happily offer a 25% discount on this if you are buying the speaker system from us at the same time so - it will be just £1.10 / Meter or £27.50 for the 25Mtrs..

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-200/gale-symphony-200

On how to proceed - our phone lines are completely bonkers at the moment so the best option is if you pop me a PM or an email to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout and get your delivery sorted out asap,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

COMPLETELY!

Martin - thanks for the order - much appreciated and you won't be disappointed with the Vectors - lots of Boardies have them already and they sound excellent - especially at £249.95 for the 5.1 system!

On the cable fromt - without going overboard we would recommend the Cambridge Audio Symphony 200 which is £1.49 / Meter - I'll happily offer a 25% discount on this if you are buying the speaker system from us at the same time so - it will be just £1.10 / Meter or £27.50 for the 25Mtrs..

http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/symphony-200/gale-symphony-200

On how to proceed - our phone lines are completely bonkers at the moment so the best option is if you pop me a PM or an email to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details I'll get one of the guys to give you a shout and get your delivery sorted out asap,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks a mill John. Can you do the Symphony 300 with 25% off too? I like the white cable. I just sent you a mail to sales@richersounds.ie . I hope you have the Monitor Audio's in black too :D.

Thanks for your help,
    Martin

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭domel

Hi John,

Would you have those MA in white finish? Do they come with mounting brackets? Will be interested.

domel wrote: »
    Hi John,

Would you have those MA in white finish? Do they come with mounting brackets? Will be interested.

Thanks for the post – the Vector is no longer available in white unfortunately – however we do have the black available.

There are dedicated brackets available from Monitor Audio (MASM Brackets) they are £24.95 / pair.

The Vector sounds amazing and the 5.1 system is a complete steal at just £249.95

Thanks again and keep me posted if we can assist in any way,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.