Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Achilles wrote: »
    A Sony Tablet S? :P

It wouldn't surprise me, as Japanese people have a certain loyalty to domestic brands.

As far as Android goes, I'd chose a Sony tablet over Toshiba/Fujitsu/NEC anyday. Of course, he could have been considering an iPad or Microsoft Surface.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

We bought a Sony Tablet S to test a new mobile app on in the old job and it was nice but the case felt very... cheap considering how much it cost.

We bought a Sony Tablet S to test a new mobile app on in the old job and it was nice but the case felt very... cheap considering how much it cost.

Yeah, I've used Sony, Toshiba and Fujitsu tablets, and I'd definitely say the Sony was definitely the better, especially the form factor...was really nice to hold in one hand :)

In other news, just came back from Smyths, traded in Black Ops II, Far Cry 3 and Most Wanted for PS3 against Black Ops II and ZombiU for Wii U, got €111 credit, was pretty impressed. I got almost the retail price for all 3 games.

Have had the Wii U for about 18 hours and already have 4 games :P

Yeah, I've used Sony, Toshiba and Fujitsu tablets, and I'd definitely say the Sony was definitely the better, especially the form factor...was really nice to hold in one hand :)

In other news, just came back from Smyths, traded in Black Ops II, Far Cry 3 and Most Wanted for PS3 against Black Ops II and ZombiU for Wii U, got €111 credit, was pretty impressed. I got almost the retail price for all 3 games.

Have had the Wii U for about 18 hours and already have 4 games :P

Same here, what's your NNID?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭eoghanie

Has anyone seen how much CEX on Liffey St is charging for pre-owned WiiUs? It's ridiculous! Something like €420 for the basic and around €470 for the premium WITHOUT Nintendoland. There's plenty of stock in shops, they'll never shift them at those prices.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

eoghanie wrote: »
    Has anyone seen how much CEX on Liffey St is charging for pre-owned WiiUs? It's ridiculous! Something like €420 for the basic and around €470 for the premium WITHOUT Nintendoland. There's plenty of stock in shops, they'll never shift them at those prices.

Yeah I noticed it yesterday. Pretty silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

eoghanie wrote: »

It might come with a few free games though ;)

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/01/04/report-the-big-advantage-of-buying-a-used-wii-u

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Corholio wrote: »

Well fancy that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

I've spent about an hour in total trying to download the update, starting to annoy me now.

The Wii U is in the same room as the router it's connecting to, and I keep getting the error "Cannot connect to server".
    I have it set to a static IP and Google's DNS servers, what else can I do to get it to work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

what else can I do to get it to work?

beanmelon_wii_network_adapter_connector_01.jpg

• Advertisement

EnterNow wrote: »
    beanmelon_wii_network_adapter_connector_01.jpg

I had planned to buy one of them down the line, looks like I might have to get it a bit sooner though :(

EDIT: I should have mentioned, the bar has filled up a bit from my many attempts at downloading the update, here's hoping that it will fill up by tonight!

And so goes another two-ish hours, still getting error code 108-0144. Wii U keeps failing internet connection test sometimes as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Lads what's the general opinion on zombi u? Just can't get into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm enjoying it, but it's tough. I do get sucked into it though!

I'm a little pissed off that the Gamepad doesn't work from my bed...it's about 15-20 feet through two thin partition walls...any way I can boost it? Considering getting my hands on a second power supply, so I can easily move the console to my room just for off-screen play, as I don't have a TV in my bedroom :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

I've spent about an hour in total trying to download the update, starting to annoy me now.

The Wii U is in the same room as the router it's connecting to, and I keep getting the error "Cannot connect to server".
    I have it set to a static IP and Google's DNS servers, what else can I do to get it to work?

Check the other tread I had the same problem and the fix on the thread sorted me out

Check the other tread I had the same problem and the fix on the thread sorted me out

I put in a DMZ via the router temporarily to see if it would help, it did and would go from downloading for a minute and stopping to downloading the whole thing in like 2 or 3 goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Woo~
    Nintendo replaced my upad, and I got it this morning.
    Noticed it was broken the 14th of December.
    Got the label around the 20thish.
    Sent it the 23rd.
    Arrive in England the 3rd of January.
    "fixed" on the 4th, mailed out.
    Arrived today the 8th by DHL in a shiny box.

Felt good playing trine again.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Woo~
    Sent it the 23rd.

Were you without it for Xmas though?

madmoe wrote: »

That reminds me... I need to find my label and have mine shipped off for repair.

I accidentally totally bollocksed up the Wii mode by trying to hack it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just wondering whether there would be any issues with copying all my Wii data over to the Wii U given that my Wii is softmodded?

Also, having read the FAQ on Nintendo's website regarding transferring the data, it mentions that any games transferred will no longer be available on the Wii. I take it this doesn't apply to save data too? i.e. the save data from the Wii is just duplicated and it remains on the Wii too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Woo~
    Sent it the 23rd.

In fairness, that's some turnaround, especially for this time of year.

That reminds me... I need to find my label and have mine shipped off for repair.

I accidentally totally bollocksed up the Wii mode by trying to hack it. :pac:

Was looking on-line there the other day and they already have Wiiflow working perfectly in vWii mode....impressive!!

Was looking on-line there the other day and they already have Wiiflow working perfectly in vWii mode....impressive!!

I did this in the days before alot of the stuff was recoded to work on vWii correctly.

I've already been lambasted a fair bit by the boys over on GBATemp. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'm not enjoying ZombiU at all, might see if I can find someone to trade for it on Adverts, already have Nintendoland and that's all people seem to be trading right now :(

I did this in the days before alot of the stuff was recoded to work on vWii correctly.

I've already been lambasted a fair bit by the boys over on GBATemp. :P

Very annoying that it happened before they released the new stuff! When you sending the console back?

PS: Love GBATemp...it's been my go to source for years for all things Wii hacking ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'm not enjoying ZombiU at all, might see if I can find someone to trade for it on Adverts, already have Nintendoland and that's all people seem to be trading right now :(

You really have to be in the right mood for it. It feels pretty special when you can actually immerse yourself completely in it... but usually I can't seem to do that.

Still a very interesting title though and the multiplayer is brilliant.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,590 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well late at night and I can't stay awake, during the day and I seem to find something else to play or, when playing think "am I supposed to be going through survivors at a rate of knots?"
    I am just not into first person melee games, which is what this seems to be, at least in Left 4 Dead and it's sequel there was a plentiful supply of ammo.
    Maybe the US is simply littered with more live ammunition that the UK, perhaps there's a message there for all of us?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,448 ✭✭✭Nollog

Just wondering whether there would be any issues with copying all my Wii data over to the Wii U given that my Wii is softmodded?

Also, having read the FAQ on Nintendo's website regarding transferring the data, it mentions that any games transferred will no longer be available on the Wii. I take it this doesn't apply to save data too? i.e. the save data from the Wii is just duplicated and it remains on the Wii too

I had a softmod on mine, updated the shop channel ios, and it transferred fine.
    Everything not got from the shop, stays on the wii, along with any wads and hacks.

Yeah. :'(
    F1ngers wrote: »
    In fairness, that's some turnaround, especially for this time of year.

Yerp, I figured I'd post it for anyone looking for stories on how long a repair took, and if they were happy with the service.
    I was pretty happy with it.

Meanwhile, my two games ordered from zavvi have been lost in the post.
    Got them to re-send zombiu just today, and the form for lost/stolen in the post for nsmbu is coming soon to an email near me.
    I'll probably stop using zavvi and thehut after this, but they're so cheap :(

• Advertisement

I had a softmod on mine, updated the shop channel ios, and it transferred fine.
    Everything not got from the shop, stays on the wii, along with any wads and hacks.

Yeah. :'(

Yerp, I figured I'd post it for anyone looking for stories on how long a repair took, and if they were happy with the service.
    I was pretty happy with it.

Meanwhile, my two games ordered from zavvi have been lost in the post.
    Got them to re-send zombiu just today, and the form for lost/stolen in the post for nsmbu is coming soon to an email near me.
    I'll probably stop using zavvi and thehut after this, but they're so cheap :(

Price wise much of a difference??

Advertisement