Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

How big is the demo in size?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It says on the eShop it requires 725MB but I just checked data management and says it's taking up 693MB of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Lads, I know this has been discussed all over the place already, but just so I'm sure...

Where can i get the Bayonetta 2 that includes the first game?

Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭abbir

It's also here http://www.zavvi.com/games-wii-u/bayonetta-1-2-special-edition/10995915.html and if you're a new customer use the code WELCOME for 10% off.

Beware though, their delivery times can sometimes be shocking and some people have been caught for customs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

This game is going to wind up at the top off every critics Best of 2014 list but no one will have bought it :(

Am I the only one who watches PS4 ads, and dreams of a day when Humble Bundles get advertised on TV with the slogan "This is for the collectors!" ?

Anyway.... Bayonetta 2 demo finished downloading last night just before I went to bed. Hoping to have a bash tonight. And then play the game with a clear head. Badum-tish! Anyone know if the demo content is going to be revisited in the game? and is it worth playing twice, in that regard?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The demo is only a small section of the game, a piece of the prelude as it were.
    And it's great!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

So in a moment of MADNESS!, I cancelled all my Amiibo preorders on Amazon. People are right, they are just very expensive glorified memory cards with Ninty giving no information about them. So that's saved me about £180.

• Advertisement

So in a moment of MADNESS!, I cancelled all my Amiibo preorders on Amazon. People are right, they are just very expensive glorified memory cards with Ninty giving no information about them. So that's saved me about £180.

How many had you ordered? O_o

I've ordered 2, and don't intend to get any more unless the features they bring are exemplary!

That's not a moment of madness. That's a moment of clarity. £180 on Nintendolanders???? And they say they can't see any signs of our economic recovery....

Haha, I ordered the ones I was thinking would be hard to find in a few months, like Fox, pit, falcon, Zelda, link, villager, little Mac, diddy, Samus, Marth, fit trainer, and a few others I can't remember right now. At a minimum of £10 to £13 max on Amazon it worked out about that much. f7'k that!

But I don't need them at all. So cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

making super smash bros on to handheld problem good idea on 3ds i rather play it on wiiu why we've wait until xmas to get my hands i want it now and hope its come to ireland games stores with gamecube adapter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

What bricks and mortar shop is doing the best Wii U deal at the moment?

I feel like picking one up now what with it having the best exclusives and all.

Any of you guys that registered Hyrule Warriors, how long did it take to get the code for Ganondorfs costumes? Registered mine on Saturday and nothing yet, despite the site saying it'd be 24 hours till it displays on site, 48 till I get an email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

Star Lord wrote: »
    The demo is only a small section of the game, a piece of the prelude as it were.
    And it's great!

Anyone check out the metacritic scores for Bayonetta 2 yet? Reminds me of Mario64 back in the day with all the praise that's gushing forth!

My amazon preorder better be on the 31st or earlier - will go mad if it's late!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

I can't bloody get this song out of my head all day, i mean its so cheesy but so catchy too

I can't bloody get this song out of my head all day, i mean its so cheesy but so catchy too

Snap....found myself humming it in work while working on a design. It kinda stays in the head alright.

Just played the demo. What the hell just happened? I turned in a solid bronze performance marred by 5 continues because I didn't see the Climax prompt on the verse 2 boss. Does it keep that pace up for the whole game?

I forgot to notice the nudity. I feel like I'm letting the Games forum thread down :-)

That song made me think of Sonic Adventure 2.... So very very bad. I'm making it my ringtone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Banjo wrote: »
    That song made me think of Sonic Adventure 2.... So very very bad. I'm making it my ringtone

Yeah! it reminded me of sonic adventure 1's open your heart,

sega seems to be very good at the cheese it seems

Just played the demo. What the hell just happened? I turned in a solid bronze performance marred by 5 continues because I didn't see the Climax prompt on the verse 2 boss. Does it keep that pace up for the whole game?

Apparently it starts at 11, dials it up to infinity and then keeps going.
    Pure brilliant and I really can't wait .

I suspect it may get a bounce in Japan when it is released to the WiiU owning public in Europe and US.
    Maybe a special edition?

If this does really well the sequel could be multiplatform, akin to Titanfall

My only gripe - apart from not knowing that you need to "climax" to beat the boss, which I eventually learned, was that once you get the hang of dodging, you can be absolutely awful at the rest of the game and still win. It's like a high-speed Monster Hunter - you learn your enemies tells, dodge and then pound the living shirt out of them for a couple of seconds, reset your position and repeat. punch punch punch kick served me VERY well :D

Did I miss some explanation of why I'm standing on a jet fighter stomping horsemen to death with a 20 foot high spectral foot? Or why
    the giant hair dragon - which at this point I'm not going to question, it's a giant hair dragon and I'm cool with that - went from friend to foe in the space of 2 seconds? Or why one giant hair dragon is able to eat the other giant hair dragon and not suddenly turn on me?
    or are these all just things I'm suppose to accept - along with prolonged vagtracking shots and the invention of bum-cleavage - as "It's a Bayonetta thing"?

Guys, so what's your opinion on Watch_Dogs? I know it's not getting any of the DLC at all and it's only using the gamepad for maps but have any of you played the other versions? What you think overall?

Will it be worth a buy in November?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Was wondering about Watchdogs myself. Wasn't it meant to be amazing?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Guys, so what's your opinion on Watch_Dogs? I know it's not getting any of the DLC at all and it's only using the gamepad for maps but have any of you played the other versions? What you think overall?

Will it be worth a buy in November?

It starts off well, but gets a bit boring and repetitive as it goes on, was really a chore in the end to beat it.

...and it's only using the gamepad for maps...

So much for all that delay to make sure they were "making the most of the platform". :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is it only using the pad for the maps? May just get the PC version cheap then

Yup, that was found out a few weeks back, it's gonna sell like white sh!te and Ubisoft will never make a 'mature' game for the WiiU again if sales are bad.

I avoided it for the other systems so think I'll give it a go for the WiiU in November.

• Advertisement

Did I miss some explanation of why I'm standing on a jet fighter stomping horsemen to death with a 20 foot high spectral foot? Or why
    the giant hair dragon - which at this point I'm not going to question, it's a giant hair dragon and I'm cool with that - went from friend to foe in the space of 2 seconds? Or why one giant hair dragon is able to eat the other giant hair dragon and not suddenly turn on me?
    or are these all just things I'm suppose to accept - along with prolonged vagtracking shots and the invention of bum-cleavage - as "It's a Bayonetta thing"?

I'm guessing, her being a witch, that she can summon demons and that particular one wasn't enthralled by her sexy pants and the other one was probably going to end up at the end of the bar later on saying things like "did you see what I did for ya there, huh?, huh?" hoping to get lucky.

...perhaps... :D

Advertisement