Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

smokingman wrote: »
    I'm guessing, her being a witch, that she can summon demons and that particular one wasn't enthralled by her sexy pants and the other one was probably going to end up at the end of the bar later on saying things like "did you see what I did for ya there, huh?, huh?" hoping to get lucky.

...perhaps... :D

if she a witch wheres her magic spells

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Bayonetta is a witch:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayonetta
    Bayonetta centers on its title character, the witch Bayonetta, who uses firearms and magical attacks to fight against angelic enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    if she a witch wheres her magic spells

She has magic hair that can open portals to hell and summon giant dominatrix feet and black dragons. If she's not a witch the only other reasonable explanation is that there's a dark secret behind Tresemé's salon quality at affordable prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Ol' Donie wrote:
    Was wondering about Watchdogs myself. Wasn't it meant to be amazing?

I enjoyed it on ps4, way better than infamous 3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Well, slowly but surely, Nintendo are getting there (in American at the moment)

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/10/you_can_now_purchase_select_digital_titles_on_nintendos_official_site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Finally caved and ordered the special edition of Bayonetta 2. Have no idea when I'll get time to play through both games but the demo sold me on getting it.

Anyone get a Pokemon Demo code?
    If you did, and you don't want it, I'll swap you for a Toffee Crisp?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Are there any previews of the new MK8 DLC tracks yet? And any word on whether battle tracks are coming?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Part of the Zelda Mario Kart DLC pack..........The Master Cycle. Nice use of Epona too.

link-epona-motorcycle.png?f358e0

• Advertisement

Link legend of zelda but hair is wrong for era it should be brown

Hyrule-Warriors-SS-Link.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Reebrock wrote: »
    Are there any previews of the new MK8 DLC tracks yet? And any word on whether battle tracks are coming?

Battle arenas would actually make MK8 perfect, arguably the best Mario Kart ever in fact.
    The omission of the traditional levels for multiplayer mayhem was near game breaking for some fans and was mentioned in nearly every review, even the overwhelmingly positive ones.
    I'd go so far as to say the game would outlast the hardware, as previous classics of the franchise, like Super Mario Kart and Double Dash have.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Battle arenas would actually make MK8 perfect, arguably the best Mario Kart ever in fact.
    The omission of the traditional levels for multiplayer mayhem was near game breaking for some fans and was mentioned in nearly every review, even the overwhelmingly positive ones.
    I'd go so far as to say the game would outlast the hardware, as previous classics of the franchise, like Super Mario Kart and Double Dash have.
    november 2014 have patience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Its in Japanese but heres a vid showing the contents of the first Hyrule Warriors DLC out today:

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Its in Japanese but heres a vid showing the contents of the first Hyrule Warriors DLC out today:

AWESOME I HOPE DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT LIKE THE DARK LINK ONE DLC OR CHEAPER THEN DARK LINK ONE

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

TURN OFF CAPS LOCK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

have to say my first thoughts of hyrule warriors when I first played it was wow this is really some marketing ploy that worked for nintendo and techmo koei to take my money with the zelda skin but having now put about 4-5 hours into it I am having a blast despite is repetitive combat. Its just so much fun to play and seems to have aload of content to play yet with adventure mode.

Not too happy with all the dlc pop up around it , would of been nice to have epona that was not blocked behind a pay wall and dark link costume set.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since it has a lot of DLC, I wonder if we'll get a complete edition down the road

There are 4 Dlc packages for hyrule warriors you buy all 4 for €15 or €7 each from EShop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Yeah! it reminded me of sonic adventure 1's open your heart,

you know what, ive played the demo over and over a few times now, and i just relized that it there are a few references to sonic adventure one :eek:

1. in sonic adveture one the main villain is called chaos. in the opening scenes for sonic adventure chaos is seen bursting out of a building like a dragon and roaring, in bayoneta she summons a demon out from the side of building and it is dragon like.

2. the title of the chapter after you defeat the boss is called world of chaos

also , sometimes bayonetta collects gold rings like sonics gold rings.

nice references sega!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was watching this week's Person of Interest and Wii U got a quick product placement with the gamepad sitting on a table and a wee girl saying "Hey it's the new Nintendo"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Was watching this week's Person of Interest and Wii U got a quick product placement with the gamepad sitting on a table and a wee girl saying "Hey it's the new Nintendo"

"The Machine" is probably watching us through that as well now.

"A Japanese entertainment multinational has a secret system: a machine that looks on the internet for an update to New Super Mario Bros U every hour of every day. I know, because I'm one of the 3 people in europe who bought one. They designed the machine to create moments of joy but it creates everything. Violent games involving pirates or naked witches. Naked witches like you. Games other consumers consider irrelevant. They wouldn't purchase, so I decided I would. Ignored by Retail, we play in secret. You'll never find us. But casual or hardcore, if you want a great single player experience on current gen hardware..... we'll find you"

Console of Interest will continue after these messages from our sponsor.

Smash Wii U will apparently have a 'stage builder' mode and a 'board game' mode that I think might have been mentioned somewhere else before.

"Stage Builder Mode" - am I the only one who reads that, and has their eyeballs spin a few times before stopping on the words "Home" and "Brew"?
    I assume they'll be very careful about avoiding the kinds of exploits that Smash Brawl allowed, but a boy can dream....

It was Amazon.com that dropped the ball, their description of Smash..

"The multiplayer showdown** you know and love is now on the Wii U console! Take on all comers as Mario, Mega Man, Sonic, and more gaming greats. Or tap an amiibo* to the Wii U GamePad controller to train it up by battling with or against it. You can even pit your amiibo against a friends’ to see how your training methods stack up. Whether you’re creating stages on the GamePad, competing in challenges crafted by Master Hand and Crazy Hand, or outwitting your opponents in a brand new board game mode, there’s no doubt that the ultimate Smash Bros. game has arrived"

you know what, ive played the demo over and over a few times now, and i just relized that it there are a few references to sonic adventure one :eek:

1. in sonic adveture one the main villain is called chaos. in the opening scenes for sonic adventure chaos is seen bursting out of a building like a dragon and roaring, in bayoneta she summons a demon out from the side of building and it is dragon like.

2. the title of the chapter after you defeat the boss is called world of chaos

also , sometimes bayonetta collects gold rings like sonics gold rings.

nice references sega!

Well, yes, the original game was a love letter to Sega from tip to tail, taking the p1ss and improving on DMC along the way.
    Space Harrier is in there as well as tons of musical treats .

Banjo wrote: »
    "A Japanese entertainment multinational has a secret system: a machine that looks on the internet for an update to New Super Mario Bros U every hour of every day. I know, because I'm one of the 3 people in europe who bought one. They designed the machine to create moments of joy but it creates everything. Violent games involving pirates or naked witches. Naked witches like you. Games other consumers consider irrelevant. They wouldn't purchase, so I decided I would. Ignored by Retail, we play in secret. You'll never find us. But casual or hardcore, if you want a great single player experience on current gen hardware..... we'll find you"

Console of Interest will continue after these messages from our sponsor.

The
    Week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, yes, the original game was a love letter to Sega from tip to tail, taking the p1ss and improving on DMC along the way.
    Space Harrier is in there as well as tons of musical treats .

ah, i never played bayoneta 1 one so i had no idea they do that all the time :o

• Advertisement

ah, i never played bayoneta 1 one so i had no idea they do that all the time :o

if that comes to ireland in ltd pak, pak are never fully ltd pakage when they brought to ireland we so much out in ltd bundle here:(,

riding epona into battle isnt unique for hyrule warriors that was 1st establish in twilight princess

Advertisement