Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    if that comes to ireland in ltd pak, pak are never fully ltd pakage when they brought to ireland we so much out in ltd bundle here:(,

riding epona into battle isnt unique for hyrule warriors that was 1st establish in twilight princess

:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, Epona was memorably seen in the intro for Ocarina of Time .

And the Ltd editions of Bayonetta 2 will have plenty of chances for the uninitiated to enjoy the Sega-tastic gameplay of Bayonetta!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

if that comes to ireland in ltd pak, pak are never fully ltd pakage when they brought to ireland we so much out in ltd bundle here:(,

riding epona into battle isnt unique for hyrule warriors that was 1st establish in twilight princess

Thank you for todays lesson in how to write factually wrong statements. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah now, leave him alone

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

bought my first game in 3 months dry spell. Its Zombie U from amazon. Now I am going to play waiting game! :(

• Advertisement

bought my first game in 3 months dry spell. Its Zombie U from amazon. Now I am going to play waiting game! :(

How much did you pay? I hope it was no more than £8?

sligeach wrote: »
    Zombi U is £7.95 new including delivery to Ireland. £5.95 for the game and £2 for delivery.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/zombiu-wii-u.html

So that's barely over €10.

I posted that in the Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread yesterday. Did you not see it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I wish I was in France this week... I'd be like a kid in a sweet shop....

... But I'm not.. :(

Some great sales on. Not just on Nintendo either. Xbox/PS too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Hyrule Warriors DLC costumes reference Majora’s Mask, Four Swords and more

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/2014/10/05/hyrule-warriors-dlc-costumes-reference-majoras-mask-four-swords-and-more/

awesome when doeses it arrive

Here’s the full breakdown:

Hyrule Warriors Characters (Free, September 30) – Three new playable characters (Cia, Volga, Wizzro)
    Master Quest Pack (October 16) – New weapon, scenario, adventure map, and two costumes
    Twilight Princess Pack (November) – New character, weapon, adventure map, and two costumes
    Majora’s Mask Pack (January) – Two new characters, adventure map, and three costumes
    Boss Pack (February) – Two new games modes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

on the subject of hyrule warriors, anyone else disapointed at how short the legend mode is? i really like the game but it that regards i think its quite short

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

sligeach wrote: »
    How much did you pay? I hope it was no more than £8?

I posted that in the Nintendo games/consoles bargain alert thread yesterday. Did you not see it?

9£ I think. I needed to buy Webcam, which was only 14.99£. To bring it up to 25£ for free delivery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I got zombi u new in xtravision in galway for a tenner few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Only 2 years late, but my gamepad is currently charging. :o

I have *alot* of catching up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Mr E wrote: »

What games did you get with it?

Gamestop bundle - Mario/Luigi U, Sonic Racing, Nintendoland, and I got SM3DW 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Mr E wrote: »

The joy of experiencing a new Nintendo console again for the first time. You better treasure it! :mad:

:pac:

Everything is so shiny and HD. Just 1h30 of a system update to wait for now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Anyone know the best place to buy bayonetta 1+2? Thinking about ordering from amazon, but would i get it on Friday? Argos is really competitive with prices these days, might wait to see how much it is there?

Corholio wrote: »
    The joy of experiencing a new Nintendo console again for the first time. You better treasure it! :mad:

:pac:

its shame wiiu can only use one gamepad with one wiiu console

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I'm not sure which copy the shops here are getting in. Gamestop have it on their website. The description read "all retail copies will come with Bayonetta 1", but they've since changed that and lowered the price slightly. Argos have no description and placeholder art at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Aidonin wrote: »
    Anyone know the best place to buy bayonetta 1+2? Thinking about ordering from amazon, but would i get it on Friday? Argos is really competitive with prices these days, might wait to see how much it is there?

Hard to say really; it's not really clear which shops are getting the Special Edition with both games and which are just getting 2 alone.

Argos has it on it's site for €59, although it doesn't say which one it is ( I'd guess just the standard). Smyths don't have it on their site. Gamestop just has 1 version for €55 (again I'd guess standard).

Amazon have the Special Edition for £45, but I'd doubt you'll get on Friday. Saturday morning if you use Parcel Motel would be the most likely, but you might possibly get it Friday.

• Advertisement

The €59 version should be the Special edition, but according to Argos it's not. Which makes it a very expensive standard edition.

The Standard Edition should be ~ €39 - €44
    Special Edition should be ~ €49 - €59

Amazon
    France ¦ Spain ¦ Italy ¦ Germany ¦ UK

From Argos Website:
    Is this the special edition that comes with Bayonetta 1?

2 weeks, 5 days ago

2 weeks, 4 days ago
    Hi Bayonetta,

I can confirm that this is not the special edition of the game and does not come with the original Bayonetta.

Thank you for using Argos Q&A.
    noAvatar.gifArgos Helper 178

Helpful?helpful0unhelpful0

Allyall wrote: »
    The €59 version should be the Special edition, but according to Argos it's not. Which makes it a very expensive standard edition.

The Standard Edition should be ~ €39 - €44
    Special Edition should be ~ €49 - €59

Amazon
    France ¦ Spain ¦ Italy ¦ Germany ¦ UK

From Argos Website:

argos, amazon have no gauteens if anything goes wrong and they have no loyalty cards like gamestop loyalty cards

argos, amazon have no gauteens if anything goes wrong and they have no loyalty cards like gamestop loyalty cards

I find Argos pretty good if anything goes wrong. But Amazon, I guess depends on the seller. Amazon themselves are usually okay too.

Allyall wrote: »
    I find Argos pretty good if anything goes wrong. But Amazon, I guess depends on the seller. Amazon themselves are usually okay too.

and hope its include the stars card

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

I ended up ordering from amazon and signed up for free prime trial + using parcel motel, so hopefully it'll arrive on Saturday at the latest. This is really badly planned, even for Nintendo! It will be interesting to see how much shops are selling this at? Doubt there will be many looking to get the version without bayo 1 included. I can see gamestop selling this at 79.00.

I ordered and paid for Bayonetta 1 & 2 over a month ago and paid €40 including delivery from cdwow.ie. It's since gone up to €47.19.

http://www.ie.wowhd.com/games/bayonetta-12-nintendo-wii-u/dp/33166459#bc=d329

The thing is it could and probably will take 2 weeks for delivery. I didn't know that at the time. It's the PAL version but it's shipping from Hong Kong. :confused: If you don't mind waiting it's a good price. I won't be buying new releases I think from them again.

As for Gamestop I despise them. They are a complete rip-off. Once in a blue moon they have a bargain. I don't know how they're still in business and if they go under I wouldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Smyths may have it at a decent price. Though don't see it on their site

I'm all a tremble with anticip... pation for the lovely Bayonetta, I'm going to have to clear my gaming schedule!
    Seems to me that, amongst grown ups with a WiiU, this game is possibly the one we are hanging all our hopes on for the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I really can't wait for Bayonetta now. Might be next Tuesday before it arrives according to my Amazon page but I'm diving straight into the first one before I get to the second. With the little time I have for gaming these days though, it may be a while before I actually get to play the sequel!

• Advertisement

Is anyone else NOT planning on transferring their Virtual Console + WiiWare titles to their WiiU when they pick it up?

Offers no benefits apart from only needing a single console plugged in...might hold off unless they add Gamepad functionality to already purchased VC titles. (I have 170-odd, most of them free from the Connection Ambassador program :P )

Means I could play a Wii game on the TV while someone else uses the Gamepad for a WiiU title...and got so many Wii games to catch up on also...hmm....

does that ever work it never work for me, i couldn't get transfer to work on my wiiu, from wii transfer to my wiiu

Advertisement