Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have a Wii U - General Discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)
    by Nintendo
    Platform: Nintendo Wii U | Rated: Ages 18 and Over

Price: £44.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
    Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
    Edition: Special Edition
    Special Edition Standard Edition

look like no free delivery for ireland only for uk

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    and hope its include the stars card

It will include the stars card. Amazon isn't like Ebay, they will give you the stars card too. It will be a brand new SEALED game. As if you bought it from the shop.
    wampyrus77 wrote: »
    Bayonetta 2 (Nintendo Wii U)
    by Nintendo
    Platform: Nintendo Wii U | Rated: Ages 18 and Over

Price: £44.99 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Details
    Pre-order Price Guarantee. Learn more.
    Edition: Special Edition
    Special Edition Standard Edition

look like no free delivery for ireland only for uk

Amazon offer free delivery to Ireland on a lot of products over £25.

So if you order most games from amazon, and if it says:
    " & FREE Delivery in the UK"

It will be free delivery to Ireland as well, but it has to be over £25. The only worry is, that it might not get here on the same day it is released.

hyrule warriors majora mask if they bought young link into this with changeable mask like the zora mask, deku mask, goron mask and fiece deity mask, maybe giant mask

hyrule warriors the majora dlc should include as new character skull kid

They just look so GOOOODD!!!!!! :D:D:D

2.0_Logo.jpg

disney-infinity-marvel-2.0.jpg

The game looks good too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Saw a few of the Infinity figures in a Tesco and, even though the figure thing isn't something I'd use, the design of them was pretty different and cool. Thor and Vemon especially looked great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,749 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

• Registered Users Posts: 29,150 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Maybe it's only UK? I know my local seems to have gotten rid of Nintendo altogether to make room for Xbox One and PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭coffee to go

Portlaoise Tesco has had the same 8gb WiiU empty display box at end of shelf for at least a year, and I'm fairly sure it's priced at €325, though it could be €375. Madness.

No other peripherals and no WiiU games at the minute. Plenty of Just Dance 2014 for the Wii though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Most tesco I've been in have moved the Wii and 3DS stuff into either a temporary cardboard shelf left over from the software blitzes earlier this year or a bottom shelf somewhere past the XBone and PS4 stuff. I've never seen a WiiU game over here but there were a couple on the .ie site at the start of the year.

Is Tesco the plural of Tesco? Tescoes? Tescos? Tescii? I've never needed to talk about 2 or more of them at once. What's the collective noun? A trolley?

Edit : Wampy, Amazon are great for customer service generally as long as the item either shipped from Amazon or is listed as Fulfilled by Amazon*. If it's sold as new and doesn't arrive as new, you get in touch and they'll sort it out. You only really need to worry about ordering from another retailer who ships the item themselves. As already stated, if it is supplied by or Fulfilled by Amazon, you get free SuperSaver delivery once it hits £25. Note though that SuperSaver is not the default - you have to select it during ordering.

Also, note that some games (notably anything with Batman in it!) don't ship with Stars codes. There was a list of the launch titles earlier on in this thread, waaaaaay back when we were all buying Darksiders II. Warner Bros are definitely not in the Stars program. If the game is shipped as New from a retailer and doesn't include stars, you can contact Nintendo customer services with a receipt and they may sort you out.

*Note : If Ciderman asks, Amazon customer care are a shower of b@$+@4)z and Bayonetta is not worth all the fuss.

Edit : Shovelknight confirmed for a day in November. Wii U and 3DS both. Actual day unconfirmed.

Supposedly there's a Smash U direct on Thursday at 11pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I got my son a Wii U and want to get him an extra controller, what would you recommend? Pro Controller or the remote controller plus?

xabi wrote: »
    I got my son a Wii U and want to get him an extra controller, what would you recommend? Pro Controller or the remote controller plus?

It depends on the games he plays most. I'd go with a pro-controller, if you are getting one, the best price i've seen for an official one is from here - https://www.nippon-yasan.com/551-nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan

Although you could buy an unofficial one for slightly cheaper (Possibly to add with a Wii remote plus). I don't know what that's like though, other than the users comments.

Also, Wii mote plus is in Argos for €23.99 at the moment - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2476869/Trail/searchtext%3EWII+U.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

Allyall wrote: »
    It depends on the games he plays most. I'd go with a pro-controller, if you are getting one, the best price i've seen for an official one is from here - https://www.nippon-yasan.com/551-nintendo-wii-u-conosle-japan

Although you could buy an unofficial one for slightly cheaper (Possibly to add with a Wii remote plus). I don't know what that's like though, other than the users comments.

Also, Wii mote plus is in Argos for €23.99 at the moment - http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2476869/Trail/searchtext%3EWII+U.htm

Thanks, I had spotted the Argos offer so ill get that and see how he goes, thanks for the links.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Aidonin

Dropped into smyths today to see how much the bayonetta special edition is going for on Friday. Turns out it's not even in their system, which the guy at the counter seemed very confused about. :P

At least he was aware of the game so it's a start

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Maybe it's only UK? I know my local seems to have gotten rid of Nintendo altogether to make room for Xbox One and PS4

nintendo will never go down its over 125 yrs old it has survive that long, there always be nintendo, sony & mircosoft, and nintendo have company there in uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ever since launch I have never, ever seen WiiU stocked in Tesco, and we have a mega one that stocks all the other systems.

Must be feck all WiiU's in Ireland so.

On buying Bayonetta. I get all my WiiU games from Amazon since last year. I'm not too fussed about a few days wait for a game. I paid €39 for hyrule warriors free post, and because of the mess up with Bayonetta 1&2 on Amazon I'm getting them for €42 including postage. Feck gamestop!

Smyths can be great for 3ds ps3 and 4 games but sometimes not great for WiiU, wish they were, I'd buy more from them.
    Less said about HMV and Xtra Vision on Nintendo, the better.
    /rant.

Looking forward to Watch_ Dogs in November :)

well im saving upnext is halloween, eirtakon and ssb 4 and gamecube controller on wiiu

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Hahaha, "a trolley of Tescos"! That made me laugh!

I'd suggest "a crushed local economy of Tescos".

(Incidentally, they do have a couple of shelving bays of Nintendo stuff - WiiU and 3DS in the Tesco near me at the minute in Coventry).

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

hi my girlfriend wanted to get the original wii mini (red one) just for wii fit pretty much, she said she wouldn't be buying many games for it at all apart from that & possibly mario kart.

Looking around you can get that console for around €90 with no games, just wondering would it be better to pay a bit more for the wii u. I don't know much about them but i see the wii u has wii fit u which i'd imagine is a big improvement on the far older wii version. Just wondering for a casual player would it be worth spending the extra money? Also what other non-gaming related features does the wii u have?
    And if it is better to go for the wii u whats the best/cheapest deal either online or in the shops (preferably including the Wii Fit U game). thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Tesco in Dundrum seems to have more shelf space setup for Disney Infinity 2 than PS4 and XBone combined, no sign of WiiU and sweet F all 3DS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Trilla90 wrote: »
    hi my girlfriend wanted to get the original wii mini (red one) just for wii fit pretty much, she said she wouldn't be buying many games for it at all apart from that & possibly mario kart.

Looking around you can get that console for around €90 with no games, just wondering would it be better to pay a bit more for the wii u. I don't know much about them but i see the wii u has wii fit u which i'd imagine is a big improvement on the far older wii version. Just wondering for a casual player would it be worth spending the extra money? Also what other non-gaming related features does the wii u have?
    And if it is better to go for the wii u whats the best/cheapest deal either online or in the shops (preferably including the Wii Fit U game). thanks

don't know much about wii fit but you will get the best games from wii u and wii catalogue, off tv play on wii u games (mostly) on gamepad aswell as netflix which will also work on the gamepad

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Trilla90

sweetie wrote: »
    don't know much about wii fit but you will get the best games from wii u and wii catalogue, off tv play on wii u games (mostly) on gamepad aswell as netflix which will also work on the gamepad

oops i meant to say wii u sports club not wii fit :D, think i'll look for a wii u bundle with that..i can't see much point in getting the original wii tbh it pretty ancient by now

Aahhh.... I just came to post that Wii U fit... :)

Wii Fit U including Balance Board and Meter - €59

Apparently they will post to Ireland for €10 - which still works out very cheap.
    Trilla90 wrote: »
    oops i meant to say wii u sports club not wii fit :D, think i'll look for a wii u bundle with that..i can't see much point in getting the original wii tbh it pretty ancient by now

I don't know if it is. But you should find it cheaper than €90 without a game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't buy a Wii Mini.
    Terrible build quality.
    No smaller than the regular Wii.
    No GC compatibility.
    No internet/SD card
    Better off buying a regular Wii tbh, pick it up on Adverts with controllers and games for 60, then softmod it for emulators.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't buy a Wii Mini.
    Terrible build quality.
    No smaller than the regular Wii.
    No GC compatibility.
    No internet/SD card
    Better off buying a regular Wii tbh, pick it up on Adverts with controllers and games for 60, then softmod it for emulators.

I echo this 100%. Wii Mini is a turd and very limited. It's still €100 in the shops. Just buy a normal Wii(not the one with Gamecube functionality removed) secondhand for cheap. There's tonnes of them to be had and a massive catalogue of terrific games.

Regarding the Wii U, it depends what you're into but I wouldn't touch Wii Fit U or Wii Sports Club with a barge pole. There are loads of great games for the Wii U, those 2 are not though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

How kid friendly is the Wii U? My nephew and niece (8 and 6) are going to love it, but I'm worried about the gamepad being dropped (especially in games like Nintendoland where you may have to use it to change FOV on screen by holding it in front of your face).

Do any Wii U owners (with kids) want to warn me? (or reassure me!)

I have a rubber cover for the gamepad, but a hard floor is a hard floor....

Gamepad v hard floor? There's only going to be 1 winner regardless of a rubber protective cover. I don't know it depends on the child. My nephew was playing with the gamepad when he was 8 and there was no problems.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mr E wrote: »
    How kid friendly is the Wii U? My nephew and niece (8 and 6) are going to love it, but I'm worried about the gamepad being dropped (especially in games like Nintendoland where you may have to use it to change FOV on screen by holding it in front of your face).

Do any Wii U owners (with kids) want to warn me? (or reassure me!)

I have a rubber cover for the gamepad, but a hard floor is a hard floor....

Are they standing up while playing? Suggest they play while sitting down on a cushion/chair or something? Will shorten the distance to the hard floor. What about a mat/rug underneath them also? 6 and 8 should be fairly ok with it though I would've thought.

I have 4 and 5 yr olds, mostly I use the gamepad and them wiimotes but I do get nervous when they have to use it. Although they're sitting on cushions on a carpetted floor so it's not too bad if it does fall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope, kitchen, regular seats, tiled floor. Bad combination for expensive equipment I think.

Advertisement